This city is going to hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This city is going to hell.

What has this world come to when you can't go to a house party without getting killed..

Mon, October 1, 2007
    Acused axe killer in court
    UPDATED: 2007-10-01 15:50:40 MST

By KEVIN MARTIN, AND DAVE DORMER, SUN MEDIA

#
    Teen slain in fight at party
    #
    Likeable athlete struggled in dealing with mom's death

The lawyer for a city man charged with killing a teen with a pickaxe says his client’s just “a young kid,” who is not coping well behind bars.

Allan Fay said he wants to apply for bail as soon as possible for Marko Miljevic, but is being stymied by delayed disclosure in the case.

Fay told provincial court Judge Bob Wilkins he’s been told police won’t be able to provide him with an evidence package for 30 days.

Fay said outside court that’s too long for his client to have to wait before applying for bail.

“He’s scared to death, not suprisingly,” Fay told Sun Media, moments after appearing with Miljevic in court and conferring with the accused killer’s family members.

Fay said he requires disclosure to make a bail bid for his client, but will seek his client’s release without it, if necessary.

“I’m not in any way, shape, or form waiting 30 days,” he said.

“He’s a young kid, 19 years old, no criminal record,” the lawyer said.

Fay adjourned the case — which is Calgary’s 25th homicide of the year — to Friday.

Miljevic is charged with second-degree murder in the pickaxe death of Calgary teen Matt McKay.

McKay, 17, was fatally wounded at a house party Saturday night in Queensland.

Neighbours said about 100 teens had gathered at a house on Queen Alexandra Rd. S.E. when the attack happened about 11:50 p.m.

The medical examiner’s office said an autopsy showed McKay died of a “chop wound” to the head.

McKay was a popular student at Central Memorial high school, 5111 21 St. S.W., where tears flowed and students consoled each other with hugs after hearing of the arrest.

“Thank God,” said Grade 12 student Katie Smillie, who was friends with McKay.

“It’s very relieving to know someone has been arrested, but at the same time, everyone is grieving, even if they didn’t even know Matt that well, everyone knew him somehow.

“Matt didn’t deserve this whatsoever, he was the nicest guy.” Students at the school are taking the loss hard, said Smillie.

“It gives you some sense of closure, but not enough to take away the pain.” Fellow classmate Ashley Middlemiss said McKay was standing up for a friend when the fight started just before midnight on Saturday after a group of uninvited teens crashed the party.

Middlemiss added McKay wasn’t normally a fighter.

“He was always so happy, and with him going through his mom passing away in April, it makes this horrible and heartbreaking.” Six grief counsellors were at the school working with students struggling to cope with the loss.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: This city is going to hell.

Was just talking about this tonight with some friends. It's despicable.

As an aside - and I know I'm going to sound horribly insensitive - they could have chosen a better headline for the cancer run next to the headline about the killing. "In the pink", I'm ashamed to say, made me chuckle.
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

The accused should not have any special treatment because of his age, he is over 18 and should be tried as an adult. IMO the accused should spend the rest of his life in jail for taking the life of some one else. But I also have to say that it was a bit ironic having the "In the Pink" pic beside the headline, not very well thought out.
      Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

What do you expect... it's the Sun.

Edit: don't get me wrong... I read the Sun sometimes, but any copy they have written is usually pretty crap.
        Last edited by Billip; 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM.
        billip
        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Bring back the death penalty and fry that little f***er!
          Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
          APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

yup, eye for an eye
            Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

death is the easy way out for him and really only hurts his family, problem is jail is to nice.
              2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
              My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Let him rot in jail until his trial. Too bad if he is scared, how do you think his victim feels... ohh ya he doesn't feel anything as he is dead! I bet anything he goes through would be nothing in comparison to the pain of that boys death. I am not really one for capital punishment but sometimes I think when someone is guilty beyond a drought that it is not worth keeping them around. Hell, why should we as tax payers pay to have this idiot locked up for the rest of his life?
                Name: Brent
                His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I went to school with the accused (Marco) for 7 years, i was friends with him too no one that knows him can believe that he did something like that because he was a nice guy. But he deserves everything that he gets, and hopefully it sets some what of an example for all the kids that think they are "hardcore".
                  02 GTI
                  Jared

Comment

The news said tonight that "kids these days are trying to live the 50 cent dream" because of the influence of rap and video games. I say it's B.S. because I grew up listening to N.W.A and playing Duck Hunt and you didn't see me killing anyone.
                    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                    You dig sucka?!

Comment

That is just the media looking for outlets to put the blame on. They will keep doing it too (more so in the states) until we all stand up to them and say enough is enough. Some people are just crazy or do stupid (very) things, get over it.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Perhaps we should take a lesson from the Japanese instead of sending criminals to the "country club"

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6310
                        Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
                        APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

Originally posted by Tromping_Maniac View Post
                          Perhaps we should take a lesson from the Japanese instead of sending criminals to the "country club"

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6310
                          I like it
                          I'd like to make a statment!
                          2012 Q5
                          2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                            That is just the media looking for outlets to put the blame on. They will keep doing it too (more so in the states) until we all stand up to them and say enough is enough. Some people are just crazy or do stupid (very) things, get over it.

and as bad as it sounds, that is just what this whole thing is some people just make wrong decisions and end up fucking their and other peoples whole life up as a result...i think people don't see the true reason this might have happened out of discust and anger but just like jrockmk2 said he was actually a pretty decent guy who always had a smile on his face, the kid is not a psychopath or evil or anything like that, it just happened to be a bad move at the wrong moment with perhaps some bad influences (peers, drugs, alcohol...who knows).

i know there is no excuse for somthing like killing a person and i think it is only fair he gets the right punishment for his crime, but people don't konciously kill people at an exposed place like that just for fun or pleasure, IMO it was just a really really stupid and bad decision where things might have been happening way to fast and i can guarantee you he is more than regretting it right now...i feel really forry for his family and for the father of the victim. i cant imagine what they all might be going trough right now.

eather way, RIP to the victim...it truly is a trategy to have someone so young die like that

Comment

everywhere is going to hell.. this story makes me really sad.. i hope the kid does get the chair.. next give the chair to the kids from the hat who killed their family

oh and here is a good one.. those kids in the US (black kids) who beat up a bunch of white racist kids for death threats and the white kids get nothing but the black kids are up for jail time..

sigh......

fark it my wedding is this weekend i have better things to think about!

Comment

Working...
                              X