Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Heard of "Yourautosold.com"?

Got a quick question.

Im trying to sell my 06 jetta and this dude phoned from yourautosold.com saying he has a imidiate buyer for my car who has bad credit so cant buy from a dealer.
    Now he says i need to pay them $399 for the listing fee and he will gauntee my car sold for what i am asking and if not i get a full refund.
    So has anyone heard of this as to me i dont fell like giving this company 400$ when i dont have a clue what the hell they are

Thx

edit: im pretty sure its a scam
    Last edited by Silverfire; 09-26-2007, 07:56 PM.
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Re: Anyone Heard of "Yourautosold.com"?

Don't do it, plain and simple
    I'd like to make a statment!
    2012 Q5
    2011 A5

Comment

I wouldnt
      Tint sucks

Comment

i wouldnt do it unless i new for sure thats why i wanted to ask to see if anyone has heard of this company
        Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

One of the local TV stations just had a little on segment on these kind of sites and most of them were scams. The specific ones that they said were www.greatcarsandtrucks.com and www.myautosold.com. In both cases someone would call the seller and say that they have "x" number of buyers for the car and required a $99-$399 fee that was fully refundable if the car was not sold within 90 days. After the fee was paid there was no way to get a hold of anyone from the site and none of the sellers ever received calls from potential buyers.
          Last edited by VW337; 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM.
          Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Scam

When I was selling my truck this dude from greatcarsandtrucks would not stop calling me to tell me he had a buyer and that I was missing out on a "great opportunity"

Comment

You can often get your money back if they do not sell the car in a certain amount of time but if possible it usually involves you having to get paperwork from a lawyer confirming the car was not sold, and therefore a huge hassle if even possible.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

My sister was contacted by a company this way. Name of the company was very similar to a reputable company on the BBB, so she paid them. Wound up selling privately and treid to her her money back. "Company" was long gone.

Don't do it.
                Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                2016 .:R (sold)
                2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

LOL can't believe you are even asking
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment