XBOX 360 vs PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX 360 vs PS3

I am looking at buying a new console gaming system, I like the price of the XBOX 360 but the PS3 does a blue ray thing (although I don't have a tv that I would need blue ray for). Which would you pick?
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: XBOX 360 vs PS3

Right now? neither. Pretty soon the 360's will have the new small die processor which will fix most of the over heating issues. They will also all come standard with HDMI which is a nice feature. As for the PS3, there is crap for games. They are also releasing a new controller soon which will also have rumble. The one thing I don't like about the PS3 is that you are paying a higher cost for a blue ray player. So you are buying into a format that may not make it in the long run. Atleast with the xbox if HD DVD dies they can just release a new drive.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Go X-box, I've got a PS3 and games wise it sucks ass. In the year it's been out it only has like 10 games or something and 8 of them are crap. The Blue-Ray if def. cool but that doesn't matter unless you have a good HDTV anyways. X-Box has like a couple hundred games for it and is half the price I'd go for that! Stupid PS3 piss me off.
      2002 996TT
      2011 S5
      2004 S4 Avant

Comment

360 no doubt

Comment

360 agree'd. Wanna save a few bucks? look on ebay for a unit with 3 red LED's get it and send it back to MS for a new one. In the US they only send refurbs back but here we get a brand new unit back
          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

360, I Just Got The Elite And It's Hd!
            1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
            2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

360...hands down.

forza is better than Gran Turismo...and live takes gaming to a whole new level. there really is no reason to buy PS3
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

360 for sure, plus there is a lot of potential to mod it or have fun with it. I would have one if I had some $ lying around :/
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kordain View Post
                  360 agree'd. Wanna save a few bucks? look on ebay for a unit with 3 red LED's get it and send it back to MS for a new one. In the US they only send refurbs back but here we get a brand new unit back
                  Bad idea, most of the units on ebay are units that have been baned form live therefor if you send it in MS will now fix it. There is a reason they put a 3ROD on ebay rather then send it in themselves. BTW xbox also now have a 3 year warranty. I would wait till christmas or unit all the units on the shelf have the latest hardware.
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I guess, the guy I get mine off is reputable though. he doesnt play around like that. ill maybe put up a post if i get the chance to get some more
                    Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

so elite is the way to go?
                      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

yup!

Comment

Elite is only good if you want the 120gig HDD and black case in my opinion. Since all versions will have HDMI soon those will be the only differences. As for me, it is time to order me one of the nice new black wii cases.

Comment

i would wait until HDMI if you dont need it right away, but halo comes out next week so.....
                            Team Highschool
                            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

skate just came out too.. i gotta go get that one looks so awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X