Paul Piotto is a Hero!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Piotto is a Hero!!

My ex service manager saves a dog! Good on ya Paully!!

Read below. Copied from
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...gg13-buzz.html

Homeless man, rescuer and foster family in battle over 10-pound dog
    Canada Press
    Sept. 13, 2007 08:17 AM

CALGARY - A bitter feud over a 10-pound pooch named Kipper is pitting a down-on-his-luck homeless man against a would-be Good Samaritan and a family that helped rescue the animal.

Businessman Paul Piotto told Global TV Calgary that he recently took the Italian Greyhound from a car parked next to his shop where Gary Husband had been living with his pet.

Piotto said the dog was being left for hours at a time in the car and he finally acted one day when he saw Kipper yelping and screaming because his collar had become caught in the window.

To save the little dog from strangling, he said he took him out of the car and later recruited Alex and Sandi Schmidt to take him home.

But an unrepentant Piotto could now be facing charges of property theft for his actions.

"It was not right for the dog," Piotto said, adding he believes Husband is unfit to care for the animal. "I would do it again in a heartbeat."

On Wednesday, the two men squared off outside Husband's car.

Husband insisted he has always taken good care of Kipper and accused Piotto of holding his dog hostage.

"You stole my dog and I want him back," he told Piotto. "This man is a thief, it's as simple as that."

"You're negligent," retorted an angry Piotto. "Leaving your dog for six, seven hours a day? That's when I started taking him into my office."

Later, a tearful Husband said he has had Kipper for three years.

"I love him terribly and I miss him," he said, his voice breaking with emotion. "He's like my son. My life is in a bit of a shambles, and I'm trying my best to get it together. I don't drink; I don't do drugs; I don't smoke. I don't do any of those bad things and I just want my dog, that's all. He's the only one I have in my life."

The Schmidts, meanwhile, had to turn Kipper over to the Calgary Humane Society in order to avoid charges themselves.

"We're devastated," said Sandi Schmidt as she choked back tears. "We honestly thought that we had our forever dog."

The humane society said it will keep Kipper in its custody for the next 10 to 14 days until it can be determined who will get the dog.

(Global TV Calgary)

We'll see what happens next.
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Paul Piotto is a Hero!!

Paul helped me out a few times seemed like a good guy.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

For people who don't know he's VWSM here on the boards.
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

Good Job Paul.

Im glad their are other people on this board who look out for the well being of animals.
        Tint sucks

Comment

back me up guys this is going to get ugly.
          contact global and email.
          news at 5 and 6 not to mention the radio.

Comment

Keep up the fight Paul!!! Italian Greyhounds rock, I almost had one once
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i saw this on the news last night.. the homeless guy looked crazy but sad story

Comment

It really is a sad state when we can rescue a dog, yet the owner continues to live on the street.

Paul, ya done good. It sounds like the dog really was in trouble at the time and you saved his life. I really hope you don't suffer at all because of doing what you felt was best at the time.

People wonder why citizens don't get involved in things and just "look the other way". This is a prime example. Paul steps up to the plate and does what he thinks is right, and now he's labelled as a "thief". It's not right...
                Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
                2016 .:R (sold)
                2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
                2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Its a damn sad story really, i couldnt bare it if I lost my dog, especially when everything else seems to have gone wrong for the guy. But i also couldnt bare to see another dog mistreated. There is no reason for it and something should be done about that as well but ive gotta say he should be given some sort of reprimand or warning and another chance with it.

But then non of us except for maybe Paul and the guy know the full extent or story so im not going to jump on any soap boxes on it and start shouting off my misinformed opinion. Hope it gets resolved well.

K..
                  Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

just to play devils advocate, people kennel train their dogs and those dogs sit in an area much smaller than a car for 8+ hours a day plus 8+ hours at night to sleep....Hell, I leave my dog alone for WAY more than 6 or 7 hours a day just so i can go to work

Does this mean that everyone whos kennel trained their dogs should have them taken away?
                    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                    -james

Comment

That is a point but an automobile is not climate controlled as your house would be, can be very hot out in the open and a lot more things to drive a dog nuts too depending on where it is parked.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I don't understand why rather then just taking the guys dog away people are not trying to help him keep it. I think it is great that they are helping the dog out don't get me wrong.
                        2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                        My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

True and who knows it the dog had food or water in the car. IN BC it is illigal to leave your dog in your car. If police see a parked car with a dog in it, they will break your window and remove the dog. To many dogs die in cars from being over heated or to cold in the winter.

I think you did the right thing Paul. Although it would be tough to be the homeless man and to lose a friend like that, the dog will have a much better life with new owners. I hate animal cruelty, i would have hopfully done the same thing. I have trouble punishing my own dog at times becuase i hate to see them sad :( lol.

Like sad above, its not very encourging to the public to do things that need to be done when you are going to be punished in the long run.

That kid who dragged his dog behind his car did not serve justice. And now some one who saves a Dog might be facing charges? Bull ****.
                          Last edited by The_Stig; 09-14-2007, 10:30 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig View Post
                            That kid who dragged his dog behind his car did not serve justice.
                            Yeah that little sh!t should have been dragged behind a car himself. I honestly dont know how you could treat a dog like that, all they do is love you

Just to clarify, i don't think Paul was in the wrong at all. Im just saying, i see the issue, where do you draw the line?
                            Last edited by James; 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM.
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

We're All With You Piotto, Good Luck, And Good Choice.
                              1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
                              2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Working...
                              X