Monitor/Display problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor/Display problem

My ballin 24'' wide ass flat panel won't work for some reason since I reinstalled windows. Every time I try to set it to its ideal resolution (1920x1200 @ 60 hz) it displays "Out of range signal. Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz"

I've tried every driver for both my monitor and my Video card, with no success.

Something else: I boot in safe mode and my big monitor works fine at that resolution.... weird eh?

I'm running a Dell 2407wfp (digital) on NVIDIA geforce 6800 GS
    Last edited by Coker Rat; 08-16-2007, 02:21 PM.
    Dylan
    (Made from bits of real panther.)

Re: Monitor/Display problem

wierd, somehow I got it to work, all I did was rolled back the monitor driver then reinstalled (i'm pretty sure) what was the same driver as before. and now it works....
    Last edited by Coker Rat; 08-16-2007, 02:42 PM.
    Dylan

Comment

Its always a really good idea to completey uninstall video card drivers before puttin a newer driver in. They are notorious for causing problems otehriwse. ATI and Nvidia actually provide tools to ensure youve fully removed them before you install the latest.

K..
      Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

kewl, good to know!

I was a little worried for a while that it might be a monitor hardware issue and I would have to deal with the infamous Dell tech support. Although it seemed like a software issue because it happened after I reformatted.
        Last edited by Coker Rat; 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM.
        Dylan

Comment

Working...
        X