New British pony for the stable w/ pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New British pony for the stable w/ pics

After 3 decades of waiting my dad finally has the car he dreamed about when he was our age. After a few months of looking we went last night and picked up a French Blue 1974 Triumph TR6. While we really wanted a British Racing Green one, it is simply hard enough to find these cars in good condition for a decent price, much less one in the color you want. I assume it is much like looking for a rabbit in good condition for cheap, though the number of them kicking around I am willing to bet is significantly less now.

Either way the car is in very good condition. There has been no accidents on the car, no significant rust, which given the fact it is British is VERY rare. The engine is original and pulls very strong, with no starting issues, no excessive burning oil, and no issues we found. The body is straight, the floorpan and frame has no rust, and the only small issues with it are a few knicks and small dents that have accumulated over the last 30 years. All the body panels gaps are even and straight as well which is a bonus.

It doesn't have the spoked wheels as we would like, but does have the red striped tires mounted to steelies with the little dish inner rim lip.
    Paint is all original and in very good condition. My first job this weekend is going to be a cut polish of it to try and bring out a little more shine. I am slightly weary of doing a wetsand as the paint is old and probobly pretty thin in some places.
    Car drives amazing and handles great. Need to replace the suspension as it is original as it has gone a bit soft. Exhaust note is perfect and I think may be nicer on the ears than my smurfs.
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 08-15-2007, 01:24 PM.
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Re: New British pony for the stable w/ pics

**** this forum is painful when trying to post long posts. still have another paragraph and pics but it keeps fucking up.

BLAIR!
    Team Highschool

Comment

Fixed it up for you, I never have any issues with long posts???

Wanting to see the pics!!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Your server must hate my work for some reason cause anything longer than like 4 likes gets a white screen of death

teaser pic:
        Team Highschool

Comment

nice! just what my dad bought also!
          you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Team Highschool

Comment

ya its definetly my servers at BP
              Team Highschool

Comment

Car looks pretty nice, I quite enjoy that colour of Blue. What are your Dad's plans for it?

Grundig stereos FTW!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

140 MPH!! sweet

Comment

plans include getting the small dent and paint work sorted out on the left front fender. we are debating a repaint but we dont know if the car actually needs that as the paint is in really good condition. i may just speak to the guy that wetsanded my car and see what he can do to restore the 30 year old paint.
                    redo some of the door and window seals, new softtop, possibly new SU carbs, and a few general little here and there fixes. For the most part it runs great. There are a few electrical issues I may try and get rob to give me a hand with to sort out, one of which being a draw somewhere on the battery when the power is off causing the battery to die after 2 days if left hooked up.
                    other than that not a hell of a lot. if we do a respray we will do a full teardown, remove everything, bead blast the shell and then go british racing green, but thats a little bigger than i think we want to deal with
                    Team Highschool

Comment

I'm loving the "HVAC" controls, awesome.

I see a triumph around my place sometimes, always puts a smile on my face 'cause they're just so different.
                      Jay

Comment

they are rare enough cars to try and find, and even rarer to see on the road just due to the fact they only come out when there isn;t a cloud in the sky and its above 25 degrees.
                        such a sexy exhaust note
                        Team Highschool

Comment

I was hoping to see a real pony

I feel cheated
                          Tint sucks

Comment

i have parts for that car,rotors,speedos tie rod ends etc.
                            and the people that can fix them.
                            nice car.

Comment

Where did you source this out? My co-worker is looking for one right now... FWIW, I've worked on a few of these too....My doctor is big into the british car club, has a TR-3, a TR-6, and had a TR-7..
                              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Working...
                              X