Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Shavers

Hi all,

My Braun electric shaver went on me the other day. It's my second very expensive ($200+) shaver in about 8 years and as far as I am concerned a good shaver should last almost 10 years.

So... I am considering switching brands although the Braun shaves reasonably well. If you use electric, what brand do you use? Any comments on the Philips rotary head models? My dad just moved to Philips and loves it.

Thanks,

Pete
    2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

electric shavers is like shaving with a godamn weed wacker.... stick with the old school Mach 3
    Dale Willimus

Comment

umm i have this braun one that plugs into a base thingy that charges and cleans it with this solution.. its cool and cuts super close like a bladed razor.. i highly recommend it to you.. dunno the price as i got mine last christmas..

Comment

I like the Mach 3 - I use it every once and a while anyways. The only problem is that they are so darn expensive and I often have to shave twice a day with work and all.

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
          umm i have this braun one that plugs into a base thingy that charges and cleans it with this solution.. its cool and cuts super close like a bladed razor.. i highly recommend it to you.. dunno the price as i got mine last christmas..
          That's the one that broke on me - two of them to be exact. Both after the warranty expired.

Comment

Yeah mine broke last week too. It was a cheaper one though, not the one with the base-station.

I like that weed-whacker feel. It wakes me up.

I will probably just buy another cheap one.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Hmmmm might have to try one of the good ones doesnt it give serious razor burn?
              Dale Willimus

Comment

I have been using a Phillishave that I got for 19pounds in the UK five years ago without much problem. I really just need to upgrade but I would stick with Phillishave. My grandparents gave me a braun a few years back and I hated it. Costco has a good deal on a higher end Phillishave for like $140.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i own a mach 3 and i despise it for the cost of blades.. umm actually one of the best razors i've ever used was these schick triple blade disposables.. i got some a while back on sale at safeway and damn they were awesome

Comment

I have the Remington TA 3070, have had it for 5 years now, and its still giong strong. Had to replace the blade last year, but that was only a $20 item.

It's not as close as an old school razor, but its plenty good for me. I only have to shave every other day.
                    Simon

Comment

lol nice i wish i shave my head once a day and all the rest of the jazz
                      Dale Willimus

Comment

I own an old-school electric Braun -- it works pretty good... just slower then taking an old sharp edge to the face.

I use Mach III -- nothing special.

Peter

Comment

I want an electric with a HUGE blade area so I can shave my whole face in 10 seconds.

Thats probably not going to happen.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LOL --- I'll betchya Simon can make you one!

Comment

kris you don't need a giant blade for that you need a chemical solution you splash on your face that 'eats' off the hair :P or a huge ass waxing kit.. then it would only take 10 seconds :P

Comment

Working...
                              X