Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Argument About Global Warming

http://www.break.com/index/tough-to-argue.html

Hmm pretty crazy, What are your guys opinions on this?

Be interesting what everyone thinks about Global warming.

-james
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: Interesting Argument About Global Warming

anyone who has done econometrics can spot the issues with this "unbiased" view right away.

one question no one has ever been able to answer....what if we CANT actually do anything to change this? then what....
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
      anyone who has done econometrics can spot the issues with this "unbiased" view right away.

one question no one has ever been able to answer....what if we CANT actually do anything to change this? then what....
      Meh, as always im just lookin out for #1. I'll use mother earth like the w*ore she is.
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        Meh, as always im just lookin out for #1. I'll use mother earth like the w*ore she is.
        I'm the same way
        I'd like to make a statment!
        2012 Q5
        2011 A5

Comment

Yeah but do you want to kiss her after a dirty sanchez?
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

buahahhahaha

Comment

70% of it is water vapor right off the bat. Another 20 percent is natural, like rotting leaves and bogs. So even granting humans are 10% (which is a high estimate), assuming we halved out output - would Katrina really have been that much better if it was 5% less? Does using a coffee cup to stop a flood really do anything? Or are you better served preparing for the flood and building stronger houses?

The other bug I have is that in the 70's, scientists were all up in arms about Global Cooling. It was on the cover of TIME. Blah blah blah, now it's the opposite. Their margin of error for calculating planet temperature is .6 degrees, so when they say the temp is .7 degrees higher than 100 years ago, how accurate is that - is it even statistically significant?
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I think it is good to question everything and see other points of view, but at the same time I think we need to do our part. Blindly using our resources without thinking of the repercussions is not a smart idea regardless if you are trying to save the earth or not.
                2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  I think it is good to question everything and see other points of view, but at the same time I think we need to do our part. Blindly using our resources without thinking of the repercussions is not a smart idea regardless if you are trying to save the earth or not.

this is the only reason i think its a good thing. it is pushing innovation and efficiency and stopping waste which was running rampant in the mid to late 90's the the global boom times we have been experiancing.

i think we as humans really are dreamers to think we can cool down the earth. remember at one time it was too cold for human life and its been too hot as well. We are but a blink in the scope of the earths existence. There was an earth before us and there will be an earth after.
                  Team Highschool

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                    this is the only reason i think its a good thing. it is pushing innovation and efficiency and stopping waste which was running rampant in the mid to late 90's the the global boom times we have been experiancing.

i think we as humans really are dreamers to think we can cool down the earth. remember at one time it was too cold for human life and its been too hot as well. We are but a blink in the scope of the earths existence. There was an earth before us and there will be an earth after.
                    Exactly...the earth will still exist, however the ecosystem will change.
                    Hondas are like tampons, every pussy needs one!

Comment

it changed before we were here too...remember the ice age....
                      Team Highschool

Comment

I have an uncle that is BIG into this, and I think he see’s it from one said and that is the very negative side that the world is doomed if we don’t do anything. I would agree with you that we are such a small piece of the puzzle and we don’t have MUCH of an affect but I think what some (maybe not most) is that we should try to limit what affect we do have on global warming. We can’t stop it, but we are definitely not helping and if we all just do a little (something as simple as using an energy efficient light bulb) we can help slow it (what every that is). Khyron has a very good point that a lot of this is uncontrollable and we are only 10% of the problem but with 6,602,224,175 in the world and if you say the average human has 1 tonne of solid waste a year that is 6,602,224,175 tonnes of waste so if we all cut back by 50% that is 3,301,112,087 that is A LOT (if I tell you I am cutting your pay in half I bet you would think 50% was a lot). So if we all do our part maybe we can make a difference.
                        2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                        My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

he passes off the economics like it doesn't matter tho. the way its presented is completely biased how he places importance on things. i mean im sorry but given the choice between a lifetime of poverty, death, and the way things are now...if i cant have stuff the way it is now i'd rather just die quickly...instead of with a disease or hunger
                          Team Highschool

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the 'saving the earth' argument. The real truth is that it is the 'saving the monkeys that live on it'. If 'we' all die off the earth will rebalance and go on its merry way and on a formation to destruction timeline we will barely rate.

What the various groups are doing, both in name and argument, is pure spin marketing.

Personally, as long as I don't have kids then why do I give a crap what happens 40 years from now? I'm in with the 'whore' camp.

Comment

lol some interesting takes on the topic, seems now adays tho, i seem to be turning off the lights i dont need on, walking if i dont ahve to drive(since im in banff thats easy) and other things like that, still not too sure where i stand on the topic tho, keep the comments coming tho!

-james
                              James
                              mk4 wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X