Euro License Plates......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro License Plates......

Is it illegal to have a Euro plate behind the original one at the rear??

Re: Euro License Plates......

I havn't had an issues in the ~2 years Iv had it.

Graeme

2015 S4
    2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

What about having the NA plate in a different location? Like lower down on the bumper? I've seen a pic on Vortex a while back with somebody with this setup. Do you think the CPD would have an issue with this?
      Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
      Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
      Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

Yeah I have always wondered about mounting your NA plate in the back window, and running the europlate in the holder. Anyone heard of anyone doing that in calgary?
        When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

^^^im sure popo wouldnt like that, haha
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

cant run it in the back window, it cant be obstructed or altered in any way, they rear must also have a light above it, so moving it lower on the bumper and not putting a light with it makes it illegal as well
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMile04 View Post
              Yeah I have always wondered about mounting your NA plate in the back window, and running the europlate in the holder. Anyone heard of anyone doing that in calgary?
              I believe Blair did this exact thing in his MK3 Jetta and got pulled over for it and told to put the plate back in it's stock location right away.
              Jay

Comment

Yeah I had mine in the back window and a euro plate in the tub and I did not even last a whole day, till I got pulled over, but might work if it is pretty visible, but probably risky.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X