Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty

Hi guys im in need of some help
    My mother recieved a jury duty letter. The problem is that she does not understand english properly and is not able to write in english properly either. I returned the jury duty letter with the box "not qualified" checked off and wrote the reason but they did not excuse her saying that she still has to come. Shes got no problem in going as she already told her employer but im 100% sure that she will be useless there to the rest of the team. Also she does not want to go there and just sit there like an idiot not knowing whats going on either.

My question is..is there anyone else I can speak with to appeal thier decision?
    thanks

Re: Jury Duty

There is a pool of 30+ people picked. She goes down, and chances are really good that the case will have already been plea bargained, or either the proc or defence will not accept her. But she still has to go down. They have experience with non-english speaking people of course. And it's always possible the case requires whatever language she speaks.
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

there is no choice she has to show up.

Comment

I was called for Jury Duty several years ago. They had an entire room of people there and only had to fill jury's for a couple of trials. Chances are that she won't get picked. They are very good with explaining exactly how everything works when you are there, and I agree that they likely have experience with people who are lacking in English skills. It's nothing to be afraid of... but she does have to go.
        billip
        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

well you are required by law to attend in this case, if she shows any sign that she is one sided she won't be selected
          ~Lenny

Nogaro blue!!!

Comment

alright thanks guys
            hopefully she wont get selected

Comment

Working...
            X