Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Opinions

Hey guys,

I got a nikon D40 a while back and i havent really posted any of my pics. I was curious what maybe you expert photo guys thought of them and any pointers would be fantastic! Thanks for any input or compliments in advance.

Ps. Sorry if u seen this thread on beyond. I got no feedback there so i thought i would try here. Thanks guys.

sigpic

Re: Photo Opinions

Some very nice looking pics to me, but I am no expert, but keep it up!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yea nice pics but I'm no critic
      I'd like to make a statment!
      2012 Q5
      2011 A5

Comment

Thanks guys!
        sigpic

Comment

Good job on the pics... Here is a quick critique. Don't take anything personally.

Pic 1. Nice exposure. Good use of rule of thirds. watch horizon angle and maybe crop or photoshop bottom left corner. The subject is very well defined.

Pic 2. Nice shot and colours. With shallow depth of field make sure your subject is in focus. I would have tried to focus on the top of the stamen... but maybe another spot would have worked better. Its always hard to figure out what will work best in this type of shot... take a couple with different focus spots and see what you like better.

Pic 3. Good shot. Watch for background clutter and people. You could have tried a smaller aperature but depending on your lens choices this could be a problem. For indoor shots its good to get a f/1.8 prime lens or faster.

Pic 4. Love the colour contrast. The red is a little distracting but not much you could have done about that other than a different angle. Bottom left distracting could be photoshopped or cropped out.

Pic 5. Same comments as Pic 3. Little tight on the cropping on the right and bottom. Watch your reflection in the car.

Good job... keep shooting. Its the only way you learn and get better.
          Chris

2018 Audi S5 Coupe Technik - Florett Silver Metallic
          SOLD: 2011 Audi A4 Quattro 6 Speed MT - Brilliant Black
          SOLD: 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition - Galactic Blue

Comment

Thanks for the comments! those are all really good tips!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes the photography is pretty good but some photoshop tweaks like cropping or fixing the reflection in the honda paint might improve the final result!
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Where was the first picture taken?

Comment

First picture was taken in nassa bahamas. Thats off the back of my cruise ship. Thats the famous atlantas hotel on paradise island. You can see the bridge on the right of the photo to get onto the island. Toured the hotel, coolest thing iv ever seen. The roof inside the hotel lobby is 14 carrot gold.
                  Last edited by The_Stig; 04-11-2007, 05:34 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you posted those pics because I've been debating on getting that exact camera. Mind if I ask how much it cost and where you got it?
                    - Alex

Comment

I Got it as a gift but i believe it was under 1000 and from the camera store or london drugs? I am very happy with it. as you can see it takes great pictures, and if your just learning slrs, it makes things very easy to learn with diagrams and such on its large lcd screen. Has many features and you can even edit the pictures on the camera if you want to. I love it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X