X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless Washing Products

Has anyone ever used those waterless washing products? One like this:

http://www.ecotouch.net/

Do they work? Do they destroy your paint? I'd love it if these products are really good because I always have a ***** of a time washing my car because I live in a condo. But I don't want to use one at the expense of my paint.

Thoughts?
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

Re: Waterless Washing Products

I suggest driving to the carwash?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
      I suggest driving to the carwash?
      I hadn't thought of that. I have been yelled at so many times for bucket washing my car at 10th and 10th. Sure it says not to do it, but I only do it when there are NO other people there... so it's not like I'm holding up the line.

Anyways... washing my car and getting it home clean so I can clay/glaze/wax my car is always a pain in the ass.
      billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Originally posted by Billip View Post
        I hadn't thought of that. I have been yelled at so many times for bucket washing my car at 10th and 10th. Sure it says not to do it, but I only do it when there are NO other people there... so it's not like I'm holding up the line.

Anyways... washing my car and getting it home clean so I can clay/glaze/wax my car is always a pain in the ass.
        Could always go to somewhere like BigBucket where you pay based on the time u use the stall, so you could claybar/wax in there..It'd cost you a pretty penny to do it taht way, but at least you wouldnt get verbally assulted
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

nah the bucket only charges you for the time the washer is really on so you could sit there no problem.. or wash then park in the parking lot and finish up.. i see people do that all the time in the NW one.. or the one off barlow in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Billip View Post
            I've used one of the products before (cannot recall the brand) and it works great for light dusting kinds of washes. For true "dirt", always wash it.

Be aware that the products work by bonding a "hydrophobic" lubricant around the dirt particles and then leaving some of it on the finish. It creates it's own "wax" like properties, but then when you go to wax/polish, it will repell the wax/water from the paint. So, if you are going to use it....don't wax. If you want to wax...don't use it.
            Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
            2016 .:R (sold)
            2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
            2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jester B View Post
              I've used one of the products before (cannot recall the brand) and it works great for light dusting kinds of washes. For true "dirt", always wash it.

Be aware that the products work by bonding a "hydrophobic" lubricant around the dirt particles and then leaving some of it on the finish. It creates it's own "wax" like properties, but then when you go to wax/polish, it will repell the wax/water from the paint. So, if you are going to use it....don't wax. If you want to wax...don't use it.
              I had a dog once that was hydrophobic.
              EU Tuning
              European Performance Products
              www.eutuning.ca
              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

^^^ Until you both went for a swim in the pond
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X