Just saw 300 the movie....review inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw 300 the movie....review inside

I just got home from an advanced screening of this highly anticipated movie and all I gotta say is wow.

I have been watching the trailers for this movie religiously for a while now and I was affraid that I was setting my self up for dissapointment, but the movie turned out to be very good. There were a few scenes in the movie that were kinda dumb, but it did not detract too much from the overall quality of the film.

The legth was good, great fight scenes, lots of gore, boobies, and no boring parts. I would give this movie an 8 out of 10. You will not walk away thinking that you blew your money.
    Tint sucks

Re: Just saw 300 the movie....review inside

Boobies and blood?

I'm there!
    Matt - A3

Comment

very nice.. i can't wait to see it this weekend.

Comment

Nice, time to download the screener.. Kidding, I always wanted to go see that movie, now I have no excuse! Thanks for the review!
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

I really didn't like this movie.

I'm probably alone in this but I thought the plot, themes, acting and narration were extremely bad even with low expectations. Even looking at it from purely an action movie perspective I got bored, the asskicking was constant but not enough of a coolness factor. The visual effects were good but I didn't get blown away as much as I could have been. The trailer spoiled the best parts of the movie too.

Anyway, I give it 6/10
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I just got back from seeing this and I have to agree with Kris. It was a little underwhelming and all the good parts are in the trailer.

I had high hopes for this movie, and while it was entertaining, it didn't really reach into my pants and give me a squeeze.

6/10 as well.
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

I'm suprised with the bad reviews. The "300" vortex thread is overflowing with good reviews. Some guys have even gone to the extreme of saying its one of their top 5 movies of all time.

Im finding that alot of the new trailers coming out for the movie are giving away wayyyy to much. Especially the R rated 300 second trailer that is all over the net. If you go into the movie with the expectations of strong dialogue and character development, you will be dissapointed. Take it for what its worth, a comic turned into a movie.
              Tint sucks

Comment

well i tried to see it last night at chinook imax.. and all the shows imax/reg were sold out!!! pissed me off. so tonight i'm trying again lol

Comment

I expected the fighting and battles to have the kind of in-your-gut "awesomeness" that I remember feeling when I saw movies like "The Matrix". Where you are just blown away by the fight scene and it gets your adrenaline going just watching it. Nothing like that from "300". Lots of heads got cut off but it got old. I think I preferred the fighting in "Gladiator" or even "Braveheart".
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i saw it last night i'd give it an 8/10 .. very good flick tho.. awesome action.. great acting.. the soldiers were incredibly in shape lol..

Comment

70 mill opening weekend, huge numbers!!! I have not seen it yet but would like to, but may have a bit too much hype
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                        i saw it last night i'd give it an 8/10 .. very good flick tho.. awesome action.. great acting.. the soldiers were incredibly in shape lol..
                        Did you end up going to the coliseum as i thought i saw your car?
                        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
                        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
                        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
                        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
                        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
                        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
                        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
                        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

nope ended up going to westhills instead..

Comment

Working...
                          X