No announcement yet.

Vehicle Financing - Anyone know a lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicle Financing - Anyone know a lot?

Completing a quick online quote a person who is 28, driving a 2003 C4S with a clean record would be looking at around $2,500 a year for insurance.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      Completing a quick online quote a person who is 28, driving a 2003 C4S with a clean record would be looking at around $2,500 a year for insurance.
      I used to pay that on my 1.8T when I was < 25 before the government crackdown.

My record isn't totally clean BUT

I also have home insurance and would likely have a second car registered as my daily driver and would register the porsche as occasional if that kind of plan is available.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I found a 997 on ebay for $44K US!!!! It's most likely a misprint, but I sent the seller an email to get the details.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I found a 997 on ebay for $44K US!!!! It's most likely a misprint, but I sent the seller an email to get the details.
          I'd be looking for a Turbo or Carerra 4S so I think that will limit me. A turbo would be ideal, I'll probably look into those first.

The thing about porsches is that the best bargains are the ones that are at the top of the market, not the bottom. If you get a super cheap beaten-on porsche, the repairs or restoration that you will need to do on it will be mind-bogglingly expensive. Of course there can be exceptions - if the seats are messed up you can throw some new recaros in and still have a nice car. But if the porsche has high kms, or a history of problems, I think its definitely worth it to try to find a nearly ideal specimen thats been babied a bit even if its a bit more.

Anyway, I can't do this for a few months at least so I was more interested in the finance avenues, not in whats actually on ebay.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I also have to look into the difference in price and features between the new Cayman S versus a 2002+ Carrera S
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i found lots of 911 gt2 on ebay.. so droooool

Comment

The eBay listing turned out to be a scam :( "If it's too good to be true" and all that...

Kris, I didn't realize you were going for a 996 turbo! You's a baller! My finances dictate either a 99-02' 996 C2 or if I stretch a bit, a 993 C4S (but that would likely be a higher mileage example).

Let's get together some day and discuss this though. One of my best friends is starting a company with his father to bring cars in from the states (his father already owns a very successful financing company) and is looking for a handful of "guinea pigs" to bring in cars for just to fine tune their business processes. It could be an avenue worth exploring.

I'm having lunch with him next week so I'll find out more.
                2008 Audi RS4
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Yeah that would be of some interest. For me its 996 Turbo, or 2002+ C4S or nothing... if I can't afford it yet then I just gotta save, but I think I can swing the financing in a few months maybe, not sure yet but I will know more in March.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

kris did you give up on the jetta?

Comment

Working...
                    X