Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst three weeks of my life

Hey guys,

It's been quite a while since I've been on the boards.

A few weeks ago I had laser eye surgery and it was not a fun experience. For those of you who are interested in the whole story, it's posted to my blog at http://www.heretohere.com

The super quick summary is: bad to worse and then slowly back to ok.

Cheers

Re: The worst three weeks of my life

Sorry to hear it CJ glad you're on the road to recovery!!!
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

What a crappy deal. I had my eyes done over 8 years ago and never had and problems then and still don't. I guess they haven't really improved it much over the years.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

"I wanted a cinnamon roll and Diane and I stopped to grab one before heading home". This is my favorite part of your story. I love cinnamon rolls. What an experience! I'm glad your back on the road to recovery.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

Hey, I think that I was at the clinic the same day as you to get the epi-LASIK as well. They mentioned that the person before me had fainted, and my first thought was "Please don't let it be two of us in a row..." It was definetly a weird feeling, and I know my heart was beating pretty quickly too. Luckily I didn't contemplate the validity of the colour orange however.

I've had a similar recovery to yours, except I'm still on the steroid drops. Still a slight double vision, but generally better distance vision. It was hell the first week back at work trying to read a computer monitor! I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well now.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words. One of the hardest things for me was not to be able to drive and I took my car out last night to return the books on CD - also a victory for me to get rid of those!

Chikko - my appointment was at 2:00pm on January 18. Kyle was the tech. So glad you didn't faint. It sucked hard.

Comment

Working...
            X