Just saw City and Colour live.....WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw City and Colour live.....WOW

If City and Colour come to your neck of the woods, do yourself a big favor and get some tickets. Dallas Green blew me away.

I just watched him play solo with his acoustic guitar in the acoustically superb Winspear Concert Hall here in Edmonton, Alberta to a sold-out croud of 1900.

His opening act, Casey Baker, was also terrific. I bought his EP and had him sign it for me. Check out his myspace page at: http://profile.myspace.com/ind...50638

For those of you who are not fromiliar with Dallas Green (aka City and Colour), go out and buy the album. He is truly one of Canada's best.
    Tint sucks

Re: Just saw City and Colour live.....WOW

If that link doesn't work, try this:
    http://www.myspace.com/caseybakermusic

Listen to Red handed, its my fave.
    Tint sucks

Comment

Im goin to this show tonight in calgary...Dallas Green is the front man in Alexisonfire too
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

I wish I had tickets.
        Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
        You dig sucka?!

Comment

I wanted to go....
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Love the CD, he is for sure one of the most talented musicians in this country!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              Im goin to this show tonight in calgary...Dallas Green is the front man in Alexisonfire too
              whoa whoa big statement there

don't get me wrong i love alexisonfire and have ever since alexisonfire (the first cd) was released. but you can not say that dallas is the man guy, without george or wade the band would not be the same. i was suppost to have tickets for the show last night but i was also suppost to be out of town so i sold mine. i heard the calgary show was awsome but full of little high school girls. oh ya he also played boiled frogs and he asked people to sing along and no one did.

Comment

I dont think thats a big claim..He IS the front man haha. Sure the other 2 dudes help make the band what it is, but they are much more replaceable than dallas
                -james

Comment

see in crisis dallas started to put in alot more to the songs. before that if you listen to watch out or alexisonfire (there is 1 good song on switcharoo) dallas would just add a little bit, now he is singing alot more in crisis. trust me alot of AOF fans were wondering if it was due to his solo albums success.

He is an amazing singer, but i am the wrong person to argue about AOF with. if any one of the 3 guys left the band would never be the same. th drummer was replaced for crisis but you can always find someone just as good.

Comment

did he play the piano at the Calgary show?
                    Tint sucks

Comment

from what i heard, yes

i am so upset i sold my tickets. my ski trip got cancelled a week after mine were gone

Comment

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0 View Post
                        from what i heard, yes

i am so upset i sold my tickets. my ski trip got cancelled a week after mine were gone
                        Ya he did play the piano for a few songs, also played a couple AoF songs off crisis!
                        -james

Comment

ya i heard he sand wade's parts but only a couple of lines from george. aww can't wait to see them again

Comment

im gunna step in here as the biggist alexis fan in the world seen them 5 times and i think that as dallas green imputs more of his sound the band will get more sales and radio play . but imo the band needs all the members to keep the sound truley alexis . also they all have solo projects dallas green is just the onlt one that can get airplay on conventonal radio due to its less angry sound ....bottom line www.theonlybandever.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X