The new family mover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new family mover.

The wife and I bought ourselves a new family mover. I call it Le Tank, that is French for The tank.
    Stats:
    1999 Eurovan, porcelain Blue I believe.
    Projectzwo body kit, headlights, grill, exhaust, sport suspension, wing
    17" Projectzwo rims with winter tires
    19" ATS wheels with summer tires
    Trailer hitch
    Climatronic - climate control with heated seats
    Factory snap in curtains since it is a weekender

The bad thing is though it needs a new CV joint and the problem was not there when we test drove it about a month ago. Hopefully C1 will take care of it though when Ken gets back
    Future plans involve a full alarm system with remote start. New floor and cargo are mats. Full set of Wetoke car seat covers. Since it is also the family hauler it is goign to get a full AV and stereo setup
    So far it has been a joy to drive but I haven't driven it much due to the large clunking sound it is making :( I do have a feeling this it might kill me on fuel in comparison to the Jetta though lol

Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Re: The new family mover.

Tres pimp. Well done!
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I like it a lot! Grats!
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

hahahaha nice brent!

Comment

I always thought that thing was cool looking! Congrats!

Remember, the VR's don't need to be glowed before you crank it....haha

Oh, and I can't wait till you pump a few liters of Diesel in it by accident (impossible, I know, but I can still laugh in my head...)
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
            I always thought that thing was cool looking! Congrats!

Oh, and I can't wait till you pump a few liters of Diesel in it by accident (impossible, I know, but I can still laugh in my head...)
            Take it to HPA!
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
              LOL since it is the first gas vehicle I have owned it might be entirely possible.
              It sure does drink the gas though, I am going to put some 91 in next tiem and see if the mileage improves a little.
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I've always loved this van. Nice purchase!

Comment

Saw you rollin' in this the other day. Nice work.

Present
                  2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                  2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                  2003 VW Jetta GLI
                  1992 VW Jetta GL
                  1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Should tint the windows, especially if you're doing A/V. Will keep prying eyes off your hardware and keep the light out to make your screens look better.

How 'bout some interior shots too?
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

That's awsome!
                      Matt - A3

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                        Should tint the windows, especially if you're doing A/V. Will keep prying eyes off your hardware and keep the light out to make your screens look better.

How 'bout some interior shots too?
                        The windows are tinted but a future plan is to tint them a bit more. Most of the stereo will never be visable as there are tons of places to hide everything. For the moment though it is just getting the seat covers and alarm until we sell the jetta.

Comment

So you finally bought it, cool, that was a while ago now that I saw you testing it out (I had the Jetta so must have been October).
                          Jay

Comment

Welcome to the club! The Eurovan club of course..
                            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                            You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                              So you finally bought it, cool, that was a while ago now that I saw you testing it out (I had the Jetta so must have been October).
                              That was awhile ago, we weren't in a hurry. The CV also wasn't acting up then

Comment

Working...
                              X