I'll be officially deaf come spring now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'll be officially deaf come spring now

Dammit! I was hoping to be done mine before anyone else started....Oh well, I'll post pics on the weekend hopefully of the finished false floor. More or less like the one in the pic
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by ripperman
      are the capacitors really worht getting?
      It is a toss up as even the man that first pioneered the use of a cap has changed his tune. Some even say it is detrimental as it can draw down the electrical system. My JL amps reccomend not using a cap so really I think for the most part if you have a good alternator you can forget the cap.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

In my old system, I was killing off 160amp alternators like mad, all because of spikes....I caved and bought a cap, and it helped, believe it or not....It takes alot of the spike load off of the alternator....
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Pfffftt.. those are freakin' tweeters compard to this:

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/pro...jackHammer.cfm

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I think that is the $hit you pants model

Did anyone see the myth busters when they tried to hit the “brown” note… I think this would do it
            2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
            My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

HAHAHAHA I saw the South Park about that... I didn't know the mythbusters tried it. LOL

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                HAHAHAHA I saw the South Park about that... I didn't know the mythbusters tried it. LOL
                man best one they ever did... Adam was in a diaper in the middle of like 1million worth of audio equipment... and they had all these tech guys trying to make him spontaneously crap in his pants... it was soo funny, they really really wanted to see it happen (and so did I)
                2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
                My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

good choice going with PG. My car rocks pretty good with one 10". Has anyone seen a sub mounted along the side of the trunk with a false wall taking advantage of the changer comparment for air space ?? i know it would not sound as good cause the sub would be facing the wrong direction, but it would let you keep your spare and your trunk space. just something to think about

Comment

Originally posted by albertaTDI
                    good choice going with PG. My car rocks pretty good with one 10". Has anyone seen a sub mounted along the side of the trunk with a false wall taking advantage of the changer comparment for air space ?? i know it would not sound as good cause the sub would be facing the wrong direction, but it would let you keep your spare and your trunk space. just something to think about
                    I have seen a prefab box that sits on the other side and uses the cubby there for airspace. Can't seem to find the link for it, but they are out there.

Edit: found a link to it, I thought it was an MTX box.
                    Last edited by FlyBoy; 08-23-2005, 07:34 PM.
                    Jeff
                    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
                    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

Working...
                    X