Two Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Tone

Hey Ryan, this is just for you. Wrong color on the bottom, but you get the idea.

Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Two Tone

Hot, hot, hot!!!

Comment

OMG KYLE i owe you a beer!!! thast EXACTLY what i'm going for.. BMP up top, a line of platinum grey, then reflex lower..

wheels are getting powdercoated to BMP also with polished lips still

anybody know any rare funky black or greys i could use? i'd love to stick with good ole BMP and plat grey but i'm sure they are some crazy blacks/greys that porsche,etc use i could spray up there..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        OMG KYLE i owe you a beer!!! thast EXACTLY what i'm going for.. BMP up top, a line of platinum grey, then reflex lower..

wheels are getting powdercoated to BMP also with polished lips still

anybody know any rare funky black or greys i could use? i'd love to stick with good ole BMP and plat grey but i'm sure they are some crazy blacks/greys that porsche,etc use i could spray up there..
        Seal Grey is the Porsche color, and Achat (sp) is the Audi color

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
          No problem man. Try and have a look at the 2006 Viper GTS Pearl Black color (I'll try and find a pic for you). It looks a little like BMP but has way more gold in it. It is breath-taking, almost like the Pheaton mono-chrome black. As for grey, look at another Pheaton color. Can't remember the name, but it is also mono-chrome. Like Platinum Grey but with pearl in it.
          Kyle
          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Seal Grey is very nice also maybe BMW Black Sapphire Metallic or Mercedes Obsidian Black Metallic, Audi Dolphin Grey or Dolomite Grey. I think your transition line should be a little thicker than that one too.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i'm gonna try to check out some fancy bmw and audi/vw colors but if you guys can find pics that'll save me a ton of time

Comment

The Pheaton grey is called Coucou Grey. Really nice and subtle. I also think the transition line should be a bit thicker for your application, but on the PG car in the pic the red line is perfect width. Any thicker and it would look weird.
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

You should really go check out the dealership lots as pics will not do justice and seeing them in person is a much better way to go and more fun too!!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

hahaha yea blair for sure.. i need those color samples like paint stores have

Comment

Surely there must be a website somewhere with paint codes/examples summarized? For hot-rodders maybe? Anyone good with google and have time at work? I used to have time to find stuff like that.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                        Surely there must be a website somewhere with paint codes/examples summarized? For hot-rodders maybe? Anyone good with google and have time at work? I used to have time to find stuff like that.
                        http://www.paintscratch.com/

you just go in pic a car and year that might be cool and it gives a listing of all the proper names and codes.

There was a really wicked BMW colour that they put on a 70 Roadrunner on rides last night. It was an old school dark grey and it looked so good. I even found dthe guys shop website and everything but there are not painted pictures of it. The car was called "The Hammer" and it was put into the Chrysler booth at SEMA.
                        Jay

Comment

Yea, that car was sick. The BMW paint they used was Sterling Grey Metallic. Really nice color.
                          Kyle
                          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by smarty39
                            Yea, that car was sick. The BMW paint they used was Sterling Grey Metallic. Really nice color.
                            YES! thank you, I was looking all over for that stupid car just now.
                            Jay

Comment

PERFECT!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by R_Ethug; 06-16-2005, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X