Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Custom ECU tuners +/or 2.7T experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta Custom ECU tuners +/or 2.7T experts?

My stg3 allroad has a completely 100% custom tune, done by the original creators of Revo. I bought the car like this, it was tuned at an ALMS Porsche racing shop in NY. Long story but apparently the Revo creator and shop owner knew each other as kids and my PO knew the shop owner and also had more money than brains.

So I have absolutely no idea what kind of tune was done, how it was done, how to determine this, and how to make changes? Who in this province can help me out? My level of ECU tuning expertise stops with off-the-shelf Revo tuning, so I don't know if it would have to be looked at via Nefmoto or what?

I'm basically looking to make some possible changes to the tune, and possibly try to diagnose any problems. My Milltek cats are apparently dieing on me, so if I have to gut them, I'd like to get any related codes eliminated so the CEL isn't coming on, and possibly go a little bigger in terms of turbos and fueling. Right now I only have K04's and RS4 green tops, and I think it's all tuned very conservatively as I'm only spiking at around 19psi and level off at 17-18psi and I used to spike around 21-22 and level off around 19psi.

Any suggestions on who to talk to?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris

Re: Alberta Custom ECU tuners +/or 2.7T experts?

I just went through this with my allroad as well. I cannot say enough good things about Daz Dillenger off of NefMoto. His level of expertise when it comes to these engines/ecu's is mind boggling. We did my entire tune from start to finish over Google chat and e-mail for the files themselves. As long as you have VCDS and a good cable you can load the tunes yourself, then all you need to do is go through a couple rounds of sending logs back and forth and Daz will get it dialed in...CORRECTLY. Again, couldn't be happier with my tune and I'll never do an off-the-shelf 'big-company' tune again

PM if you want his contact details.

Cheers,

Kyle
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Comment

Oh, and as far as DP's go...if your Milltek's are toast I bought the SSAC 3" DP's of eBay and for the money they are AMAZING! Full 3" with v-bands, welds look perfect (had them checked out to be sure) and fit was good. Only reason fit wasn't 'perfect' is because they don't specifically make them for the allroad (subframe spacers mess with the dimensions). I bought the B5 S4 set and had the straight pipes modified by a shop to fit the stock allroad exhaust...
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

Holy smokes Chris you are actually doing something!! Yay..

Hope those Oh
        lins work out otherwise time to switch those out as well!
        2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
        2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Also since its just KO4's with green tops why wouldn't a regular stage 3 tune work? its not like its some custom crazy set up?
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

The tune is perfect. The car runs and has always run amazingly, and that's why I've never bothered to make any changes - b/c i'm very hesitant. I would never dream of running some off the shelf tune and replacing my current custom tune b/c it's such a great tune. I just want to start diagnosing a couple of small problems, and possibly upgrade for some more power, but unless I know I'm getting the same quality of tune, I wouldn't bother.

Kyle - I'd love the guys contact info. I didn't realize you can use a Vagcom cable to change the tune.
            Chris

Comment

If it was running perfect wouldn't you not be having issues then? lol

LOLROAD
              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Not to mention how old is the tune exactly?

Wait til you see what Geoffrey run's in his S4 with essentially the same set up and those "off the shelf" tunes...
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

If you're just trying to code out the o2s you wont need to modify the tune at all, just make a couple quick and easy tweaks. Its honestly not the most complex thing to deal with. If you are happy with the existing tune, then leave it alone. As far as "fixing things" you'll need to be more specific, and for power without any time on a dyno its really hard to tell the exact numbers but for some reason Audi people seem to think FATS is a great performance measurement. I'll stick to the dyno personally. Its legal and safe.
                  2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
                  Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

i got mine done by bob and cheyne from blitzkrieg in vancouver. bob tunes ALMS and Rolex porsche cup cars.
                    Bob moved back to the states about 12 months ago but cheyne is just as good and they stay in touch and were able to email abck and forth to tune my files for me when i needed a quick change made.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Thanks Rondal - I'll look into contacting them in Van.
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X