Anyone here with a URS4 in Edmonton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here with a URS4 in Edmonton?

It's been a looooong while since I've popped by EuroDriver's! But I am looking for someone in the Edmonton area to give me a ride in a URS4. I pay via a case of beer if that helps

Looking for someone to take me for a spin before I seriously begin to hunt for a clean one. Let me know! TIA!

Re: Anyone here with a URS4 in Edmonton?

Contact the user Morris400. He's got one.
    Levi.W
    78 BMW 635CSi - Project
    91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by HiTempguy View Post
      It's been a looooong while since I've popped by EuroDriver's! But I am looking for someone in the Edmonton area to give me a ride in a URS4. I pay via a case of beer if that helps

Looking for someone to take me for a spin before I seriously begin to hunt for a clean one. Let me know! TIA!
      your in red deer ... kyle at my shop has one ..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
        your in red deer ... kyle at my shop has one ..
        I'm in Red Deer sometimes

Might have to pop by if I'm around when you guys are there! Probably aren't around the shop as often on Saturday's anymore eh?

Comment

I have one. 94 awesome shape all stock. Text me or pm me.

780 224 3424

Kenny.
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)
          2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
          1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
          2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Originally posted by morris400 View Post
            I have one. 94 awesome shape all stock. Text me or pm me.

780 224 3424

Kenny.
            I contacted Kenny and it sounds like we are shooting for Thursday evening. I'm pretty stoked!

This is the beast I'll be picking up if I like it:

200,000kms, bone stock, religiously followed maintenance schedule (I'm told). Only thing sort of worrying is it is a repaint of the factory color, but it looks good and the ICBC collision report checks out.

Comment

Thurs is a go. Ill text you in a min. car looks mint.
              2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Thanks again to Kenny for taking me for a spin! I'm pretty sold about it, love the dynamics, the look, and the feel (one of quality). The doors being shut is music to my ears, everything just works like a fine piece of machinery. That 20 valve is hilarious zinging to 7000rpm and the power never seems to drop off, it just keeps spinning. Rides awesome and seems to handle very well for a sedan it's size (reminds me of, surprise, an A4!)

I'll be traveling out to BC next Sunday to look at the car and make a decision whether to purchase. Considering the shape it is in (plus the pearl white is beautiful on that car IMO), if nothing explodes or prevents me from driving it immediately, it'll be coming back with me

Comment

No worries buddy, thanks for the coffee fund. That car looks like its in really good shape. When you get it we will have to get together.
                  2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Update!!!!
                    2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Update!!!!
                      Haha, sure thing!

The clutch only operating near the bottom of the floor randomly fixed itself? Maybe there was air in the system and me double clutching so quickly and so much got the air to a better spot? lol

A couple little issues that I'll look into eventually. If I fill the car up all 80 litres worth, you can smell gas, so I think I have a leak near the top of the tank So that's a thing that will get taken care of eventually WAY down the road.

Noticed on bigger bumps a slight clunk from the passenger side corner. Wasn't there when I first got the car, so I'm thinking a bushing of some sort.

Cruise control doesn't work I'll also look into that eventually.

Other than that, car has been a peachy-keen daily driver the past week. I need to get the OOP done this coming weekend so I can keep driving it. I also ordered Audi 200 TQ springs for the car so I can have all the lows (~2" drop versus the 1.3" proper H&R's would deliver), should be in next week. Car already gets tons of comments on how clean it is!

And finally, a couple pictures from around Edmonton.

Comment

Car looks amazing. We should get together and take some pics. My black and your white would look awesome.

I test drove a urs before getting mine and it had that same clutch issue. I passed on that car for more then that though. I'm loving, I have the fuel smell on and off as well, which I'm thinking is related to my weird start issue. Cruse on my car don't work either lol. I had the clunk you speak of as well on both pass and Dvr side front, I changed my Dvr axle and it fixed the problem on that side. I'm gonna do the pass side soon to as I have the axle sitting in my garage.

Over all it seems like we both scored some amazing cars for good prices. Glad to not be the only UrS4 kicking around anymore.
                        2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Great photos on the Edmonton shot, where were those from?

What do you use to polish/wax?

Car looks amazing. We should get together and take some pics. My black and your white would look awesome.
                          I'd be down to take some photos for a shoot one day... weekend maybe?
                          Last edited by PRY4SNO; 08-05-2013, 10:02 PM.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                            Great photos on the Edmonton shot, where were those from?

What do you use to polish/wax?

I'd be down to take some photos for a shoot one day... weekend maybe?
                            weekend sounds good to me, id like to get my exterior trim first and throw on the B5 S4 wheels.
                            2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

cruise is an easy fix if you are lucky like i was.

there is a pressure switch on the clutch pedal, make sure it is fully depressed when the clutch pedal is all the way up the switch completes the vacum for the cruise
                              or tape the plunger down and try it.

i think i have a spare if that is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X