A4 window regulator replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 window regulator replacement

Hi recently put my window down and when I went to put it up and it got half way and went back down. After several tries it wouldn't go all the up and made some ugly noises. Its up now but needs to be fixed.
    I was on my way to Glenmore Audi at the time to get my roof rack looked at because the key was jammed. Anyway when I asked them to take a quick look at the window he said it was the window regulator and that it would set me back ~700 to fix there. Now he said it wasn't that hard of a fix to diy and also recommended that it would be much cheaper to get an aftermarket replacement.

Any input from someone with experience replacing these would be great and suggestions for replacement part/manufacture

Thanks
    2008 Montego Blue BMW 335xi, H&R Springs, ECU program Stage 1

Re: A4 window regulator replacement

What kind/year of car?

What window?

I have the motors, regulators and frames for a b6 if you need. There's a ton of DIYs floating around. Pretty simple job, just pull off the door card and swap the window motor and reg before you button up everything again.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Its a B6 2004 A4 drivers side window. I figured it was a pretty simple job and since its not mechanical it was something I could tackle. i think the motor is fine as it still works, the window just seemed to be getting jammed on something.

That would be great if you have the parts. Let me know cost and everything.

Comment

What you're describing is typically the regulator. However if it's getting jammed in the frame, I have one of those too.

YGPM
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

clicky click click

If you go to the last page of the thread you will see I ordered the eBay cable kit and it was pretty straight forward. Normally I am an OEM only type guy, but considering the shitty design of the OEM ones on these cars I opted to go aftermarket.

The kit was cheap enough I ordered one for all my doors and just put the spares on the shelf in my garage waiting for that inevitable.
          2011 Frontier DD
          2007 BMW 5'er (wifey's)
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd FrankenTurbo & Meth

Comment

I had a similar problem with my M4 GTI a few times (and on one occasion the drivers side window fell in). A member called Flyboy on here really helped me out. It was just a case of taking off the door panel and re-aligning.

The window worked fine but then on one occasion the same thing happned where it went halfway up, went back down or got stuck. The same ugly noises happened. I thoight I'd have to spend $$$. But it was a case of the door panel coming off and adjusting.
            Before you spend $$$ Get someone to have a look at it with the door panel off. It could be a simple fix like mine. Then buy some silicone lube from Canadian Tire(Tyres!) and spray it down the rubber sides of the window. It turned out the glass would rub against the rubber sides and get stuck. I did this and I had no problem after this.
            Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
            2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
            2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll def look into these options. Hopefully when I get home next week I can rip the door open and see what's going on inside. I definitely don't wanna spend unnecessary cash on a pretty ez fix.

Comment

Working...
              X