Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New AWD Dyno in Town!!

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
    Its interesting looking at the differences between my dyno and Graemes.. assumining mine is healthy (which its not looking at the graph) the addition of KO4/RS6 hybrids and Meth add about 30whp, but end up making less torque. Also that peak FtLb is about 350-400 rpm later.

What Psi do you spike/settle at?
    The problem is that there are too many variables at play here to assume that the differences are purely due to the turbos and meth.
    Jordan
    Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
    JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
    (403) 690-7135
    jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Klobi-One-Kinobi View Post
      Impressive, esp on the stock turbo and your torque wasn't far off of Bart's tdi which is saying something.
      Well Bart's TDI is a good 30 up but ya, considering the 1.8T is even close I'm stoked about that. So the 191hp is without meth, 202hp is with meth and +1% main fuel trim and 207 is with meth and +2% fuel. All of them have +15% secondary fuel enrichment and +4.5 deg timing... can't pull the timing for no meth on my file

Originally posted by Triple G View Post
      Was nice to meet you too. That was Mattie and I you were talking to about his Jetta. Ryan (Mantis) had already left when you showed up i think.
      Ah, cool. Maybe that was Ryan that was leaving just as I was getting there... have to keep an ear out for the next meet. Would be nice to chat and check out the local rides.

EDIT: actually here's what my settings were at...

Last edited by All_Euro; 12-12-2010, 11:04 PM. Reason: add pic
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Just so you know, meth enriches your fuel mixture for you. You certainly don't need to add any fuel when using meth. I would just stick with adding timing and watching your knock values and correction factors. That'll get you right where you want to be.

In theory, you could technically pull a little fuel, but I wouldn't be screwing around with that unless you have a WB O2 sensor and you're very careful about it.
        Last edited by The_Jerbel; 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM.
        Jordan
        Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
        JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
        (403) 690-7135
        jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Ya I get that... from what I understand, you should be able to lean out a bit with meth and then add timing and boost. For whatever reason, I was running leaner & making more power with 2% fuel added. Sunny was surprised too.

I'm sure there's more power to be had and a safer way of doing it though so I'll really need to get someone to give me a hand with my tune/settings to get things dialed in.

The advice is definitely appreciated, let me know if you have any other thoughts.
          Work - houzz / linkedin
          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Nice numbers mang, especially coming off a K03s. It'll be nice in the future working off a baseline to gauge your mods' effectiveness. Once you add some bigger injectors and an IC, then have a tweaked tune you should be nearly contending with Alex@uni or Savko (allowing for increased elevation and poor quality local gas). And like you said, firmer rubber next time might help you recover a bit that's already available but being lost to wheel spin.
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

in the spring i'll bring mine in to see what kinda numbers i put down

Comment

with your Tial 770 kit, or Agtronic kit?
                I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Agtronic I thought
                  I Guess I </3 Men Anymore!

Comment

Welp, brought the mazda in today for some baseline #'s. Sunny was great, very friendly and knowledgeable.

2007 ms3, 91 oct, cai, snow tires.

230whp 300ftlb torque (these were rounded up a bit to look better , maybe Sunny will post my graph)

Cant wait to see what bolt-ons and custum tune will do for this car.
                    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

MazdaSpeed 3 with CAI. Quite a bit of torque and good power.

Boost peaks at ~17psi and holds around 15-16ps then rolls off to ~13psi.
                      AFR goes really rich at the top

Comment

Sunny can you explain what you are correcting, and what the values you are using are?
                        are you correcting run to run, or do you have a set variable you correct by for everyones graph.

im just confused as the correction value vs uncorrected looks to be different between different cars and runs.

can you comment?
                        Team Highschool
                        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

elevation i think
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                            Sunny can you explain what you are correcting, and what the values you are using are?
                            are you correcting run to run, or do you have a set variable you correct by for everyones graph.

im just confused as the correction value vs uncorrected looks to be different between different cars and runs.

can you comment?
                            The corrections is intended to account for elevation (barometric pressure), air temperature and humidity. There are different "equations" that are used, SAE J1349, DIN70020, ISO1585, and others. The dyno computer includes SAE correction as well as a couple of "in house" correction.

There is a "weather station" attached to the dyno computer that measures temperature, humidity and ambient pressure. There is also an Intake Air Temperature probe that is used. The value of the correction is solely determined by the weather station and the temperature probe.

The correction values change between the different cars because the ambient conditions changed between the days that the data was collected. The barometric pressure has a significant effect on the correction numbers and Calgary has a significant range in barometric pressure, especially when a Chinook hits in the winter.

Weather correction is a somewhat touchy topic for dyno results because the equations were originally developed for Normally Aspirated engines to account for the lower amount of air ingested at higher elevation or higher air temperature. With forced induction and active manifold pressure control, it is possible for certain setups to maintain the same manifold pressure at Calgary elevation (3500') and at sea level so the amount of air ingested is not accurately predicted by the equations.

I chose to turn on the corrections because the Dyno Dynamics read lower than anything else that I have seen. With the corrections applied, the results are close to what I would get, using a "road dyno" calculator that I have been using before buying the dyno. Being able to account for changing air temperature is also a plus.

Hope that helps a little.
                            Last edited by Airboy; 12-13-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                              Nice numbers mang, especially coming off a K03s. It'll be nice in the future working off a baseline to gauge your mods' effectiveness...
                              Thanks, I'm feeling like the GLI is off to a good start and Sunny's machine is def better than the butt dyno... looking forward to learning and tweaking. I was pretty surprised how much engine movement I was getting. Need to tighten that up! The poor Nokian's were getting shredded but my summers are 8.5" wide instead of 7.5" so that should help a lot. If my tq can get up around Bart's I'll be pretty stoked. You need to strap the A4 down once she's back together!

Originally posted by Airboy View Post
                              MazdaSpeed 3 with CAI. Quite a bit of torque and good power.
                              Speaking of healthy #'s... nice! Only a CAI... should put mine back on Tune and bolt-ons should push your numbers up quite a bit. Summer or winter project?

Thanks for the correction explanation, I was wondering that too.
                              Work - houzz / linkedin
                              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                                Speaking of healthy #'s... nice! Only a CAI... should put mine back on Tune and bolt-ons should push your numbers up quite a bit. Summer or winter project?
                                Thanks ms3 is one of the few cars that actually gain from a cai (stock airbox is a bottleneck) and usually make 240-260whp on the higher reading dynojets. Dp, bigger ic core and a custom tune on cobb accessport should provide some good power, hopefully this summer.
                                Last edited by Klobi-One-Kinobi; 12-14-2010, 11:00 AM.
                                2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Working...
                                X