TT Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT Help

Recently, my instrument cluster warning light for brake light went on. As I was going to a friend's place to replace, some idiot cut me off and I had to lay on the rakes VERY hard.

I swapped out the brake and tail lights with standard 1157 bulbs (okay, so I'm new to european cars). Before securing the tail light assembly we tested the lights and they worked. After I left and was driving down to road, my worn brake pad indicator light came on. I had to make a stop for about an hour, and when I started the car again, the worn brake pad light was gone, but the brake light indicator was back, and I no longer had rear indicator lights, although the brake and signal lights did work when used. . i bought new bulbs from the Audi dealership and put them in, but the indicator light was still on. (I should also mention that my instrument cluster lights now only come on when the brake is engaged). I then discovered that the fuse from my right rear indicators lights was blown. I replaced the fuse and the rear lights worked for a while, but the worn brake pad light had returned. This only lasted for a short while until the fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse one more time, but it blew.

Any suggestions?

Re: TT Help

Gremlins!

I dont even know..

Sounds like a short somewhere..... Yet again weird things happen.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Re: TT Help

Take it to Tunedub and talk to George
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove