• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish my wheels???

OK, I'm having trouble deciding....

Polish or Paint?

I have a silver B6 S4 with RS6 wheels.

Was contemplating trading / selling the OEM RS6 wheels for something else that tuck a bit better, but I think I am probably going to keep these wheels for now and save some money for other things.

They have a tiny bit of rash and some scratches / scuffs to repair.

Rather than go with the same silver paint (which I still think looks OK), I was thinking I might go for the polished look.

A bit "blingy" perhaps, but I think polished / chrome looks nice with a silver car, and would match the mirrors, grille, etc. If I get them polished, what kind of clear coat might work? I'm OK with raw polished too (these are only for summer use), but having all of my three vehicles with polished wheels makes for a hell of a lot of upkeep.....

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The only idea I'm not considering is painting / powdercoating them black or some other darker color.

I hate black wheels on anything other than a black car.
    Just repair them with the factory re-paint
    0%
    Repair, strip, and polish
    0%

The poll is expired.

Yes, I drive one of those "olympic" cars with the rings on the front....

Re: Polish my wheels???

Post a picture of the car with the wheels on it....maybe someone can do some photoshop for you......
    sigpic

Dirt !

Comment

IMO polished would not look great on these wheels, too much bling considering how fat the spokes are? I assume these are the 19" 5-spokes?

I think that the original silver looks best but you could also go darker grey:

KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

It would tahe a long time to polish these wheels. Just to remove the paint would be a pain in the ***. I say paint or powder coat'em.
        TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
        PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Working...
        X