tt v-band big turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tt v-band big turbo project

It has been a long haul to get the big turbo system working efficiently. Seems the 1.8 'shakes and vibrates' i bit too much to keep typical manifold gaskets and flanges from leaking. Got tired of always bringing it over to Chris, to try tighten leaks. We found a guy who built us a custom v-band manifold. Gettin pretty pumped to start putting it back together. Forged rods, meth injection, Garrett 3075R with Tial housing, big exhaust, Spec clutch, big fuel pump. Dyno numbers could be quite righteous! (maybe I'll make it all the way to Wustefest this year!!

Biff
    Attached Files

Re: tt v-band big turbo project

So that manifold flange worked out then?
    sigpic

Dirt !

Comment

Would appear that the flange you built is the finest piece of work that the fabricator has ever seen. He couldnt believe that it was made in your basement with a hacksaw and and bastard file!!

Comment

I know! .....I'm amazing! You should see what I can do with a dremel and some sand paper..... !
        Last edited by kurtakadirt; 01-28-2010, 11:18 AM.
        sigpic

Dirt !

Comment

Looks nice, hey Biff is your engine been bored and stroked or are you on stock displacement? If so, how do you find spoolup on the GT30?
          "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

dirt macgyver?

Comment

Compact ... not much?
              Attached Files

Comment

Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

spool is fine . its gunna be awsome with the tial housing , no more strokers for us . bad deal. the 1.8 is good with the 30 .
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X