30% Huper Optik Ceramic Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 30% Huper Optik Ceramic Tint

Same. I have 5% rear and 15% front on both cars. Cops dont even bother to look twice. Probably scared cause the cars are "murdered out"! hahahahaha
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Not bad...
      I like the look.
      Do you drive your car alot?
      I'll remember to PM you in about a year to see if you get any warnings or tickets.
      If not, I might get this done to Velvy too.
      Except, just the regular tint. There seems to be no difference.
      Last edited by BillyJoelR; 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM.
      | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

I remember at some point back in the day there was a 50cent edition 300 from Chrysler. It had OEM windshield tint. Supposedly cops would just chill around dealers, and when one rolled of the lot, BAM. Ticket.

These were not sold in Canada.

Comment

Really? haha thats pretty funny.
          Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I love the look of your car!
            I dont think cops hassle people just for tint, but if you get pulled over for speeding and act like a douche to them they can pretty much hassle you for anything they want to.
            I got a ticket a few months back and cop didnt mention my tint but gave me a bit of grief over my Ipod FM Transmitter... I would be suprised if a cop actually noticed tint on your windshield?
            MIKE
            '03 GTi VR6

Comment

I personally dont get the windsheild tint... both from aesthetics and a safety point of view. To me thats what sunglasses are for?

Comment

the 60% intrset me i hate a dark tint so i would do all my windows ina 60% , the lightest we have in town is a 55 . as for the front windows . stay a way from red deer and sylvan lake . or you gunna lose the tint on the spot ... here is a razor blade son
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.
                  Originally posted by mDmVR6 View Post
                  I love the look of your car!
                  I dont think cops hassle people just for tint, but if you get pulled over for speeding and act like a douche to them they can pretty much hassle you for anything they want to.
                  I got a ticket a few months back and cop didnt mention my tint but gave me a bit of grief over my Ipod FM Transmitter... I would be suprised if a cop actually noticed tint on your windshield?
                  I agree with this. Whenever I get pulled over (which has only been twice so far) I always make sure to be as polite as possible and try to make the officer feel as safe as possible. I'll roll all my windows down, turn the car off and put the keys on the dashboard, hands on the wheel, have my license, registration, and insurance ready, make sure to say my "pleases", "thank yous", and "sirs", and so far I've only been given warnings.

Originally posted by R-Audi
                  I personally dont get the windsheild tint... both from aesthetics and a safety point of view. To me thats what sunglasses are for?
                  The main reason I got the tint was for the heat rejection. Both at the golf course and at school my car sits outside in the hot sun for hours at a time, and being that it's a black car with a black interior, it's almost unbearable when you have to get back inside. In the summer I tried out one of my friends cars who has Huper Optik tint and the difference in heat was pretty astounding. Needless to say I decided I was going to have to get tint and that the windshield was necessary too if I wanted that kind of heat rejection. I believe that's something that sunglasses cannot do.

As for the aesthetics, the windshield looks almost identical to stock (as you can see in that last picture) but, to each their own.
                  -Cam
                  2008 Phantom Black A4 2.0T Quattro Titanium
                  REVO / Koni FSD / Eibach Pro / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS
                  Huper Optik 30 / FLY's LEDs / RS4 Stuff / EuroGEAR Carbon Fiber

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                    the 60% intrset me i hate a dark tint so i would do all my windows ina 60% , the lightest we have in town is a 55 . as for the front windows . stay a way from red deer and sylvan lake . or you gunna lose the tint on the spot ... here is a razor blade son
                    Wasn't planning on going to Red Deer or Sylvan Lake anytime soon, but thanks for the heads up.
                    -Cam

Comment

yea most RCMP will make you take the tint off on the spot or make you get it removed in calgary and then drive to their station and make you show them...

What golf course do you work at?
                      MIKE
                      '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Originally posted by mDmVR6 View Post
                        yea most RCMP will make you take the tint off on the spot or make you get it removed in calgary and then drive to their station and make you show them...

What golf course do you work at?
                        I play out of Elbow Springs and Glencoe but will probably we working at Pinebrook this year.
                        -Cam

Comment

Nice man, I usually play Elbow a few times a year and I made it to the Glencoe twice last year... The Glencoe is an amazing course!!
                          MIKE
                          '03 GTi VR6

Comment

If you have anything over 23% on the front windows you are a hero.

And you are also telling the cops to pull you over.

No tint FTW
                            Certified 3m installer
                            jwukovits@me.com
                            1-403-988-9012
                            Instagram @Protectit
                            I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                            2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                            2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Originally posted by boostedmk4 View Post
                              If you have anything over 23% on the front windows you are a hero.

And you are also telling the cops to pull you over.

No tint FTW
                              Wouldnt that mean like 30% or 35% and so on? I dont think cops care about 55% window tint on the fronts
                              Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I love Elbow. I used to be a member there when I was younger. I preferred that to the Glencoe. I didn't like the Glencoe at all when I played there, and at the time they had beach sand in their sand-traps, and their course maintenance was a joke, for the yearly dues one had to pay. CGCC is nice, but old and short, but at least their course is in immaculate shape all the time.

Springs to the Elbow, I could play that all day long. Speaking of which, I have got to get back into golf, I miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X