Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30% Huper Optik Ceramic Tint

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make this thread for anyone who's thinking about getting their windows tinted with HO and is having trouble deciding on a percentage. I went with HO 30% on the rear and side windows and HO 60% on the windshield. Tint was done at Tinting Illusions in Calgary (who I highly recommend) and cost me $550 CAD +tax for the whole thing. Alright, now on to the pics.

Just for reference, the S550 has no tint on it, and the pics were taken w/ an overcast sky.

-Cam
    2008 Phantom Black A4 2.0T Quattro Titanium
    REVO / Koni FSD / Eibach Pro / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS
    Huper Optik 30 / FLY's LEDs / RS4 Stuff / EuroGEAR Carbon Fiber

Re: 30% Huper Optik Ceramic Tint

I'd like to see one from the inside....
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Looks great however I don't see the difference between this and normal tint.
      Seems a lot more expensive!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
        Looks great however I don't see the difference between this and normal tint.
        Seems a lot more expensive!
        The Huper Optik rejects about 65% of solar energy, regular tint blocks ~20%.
        -Cam

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotuner. View Post
          I'd like to see one from the inside....
          For sure, here's a pic:

Honestly, from the inside, I can't tell the difference from before I was tinted.
          -Cam

Comment

You tinted your widshield???
            -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
            '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Yes sir, 60%.
              -Cam

Comment

Originally posted by A4A4A4 View Post
                Yes sir, 60%.

Music to permeate your soul …
                Jayson
                MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
                  Haha, I wasn't going to spend all this money on rejecting solar heat, then leave a giant hole up front for it to pour into.

To be honest, visibility is hardly changed at all. Here's a little experiment I did to show this over on AZ.

Originally posted by A4A4A4
                  Alright, I tried to do this test as fair as I possibly could. I pulled both cars out of the garage so that their headlights were exactly the same distance from the wall. I turned both cars headlights on and let them both shine on the garage at the same time, as to not change the light output. Each picture was taken with the seats in my regular driving position, and the lens fully zoomed out. The only real problem is that I'm using two different cars, but it's the best I could do. Other than that I think I kept my variables pretty controlled.

Here's the results MB S550 w/ no tint on the top, Audi A4 w/ 60% Huper Optik Ceramic tint on the bottom.

I think the MB is a little bit brighter (probably partly due to the fact that the Audi was in between a car and a wall, where as the MB was on the side without a wall next to it) but I don't think the difference is enough to affect outwards visibility at all in the real world.

I guess tomorrow night I'll do another one with the subjects places switched around.

Sorry for the shaky camera work, it was cold out there!
                  -Cam

Comment

Depending on the colour of the wall, the Audi might have actually been getting more light. I'd say that's quite a noticeable difference between the two, if you look away from the hot spots and instead at the garage frame. IMO.

Music to permeate your soul …
                    Jayson
                    MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tinting the windshield...isn't that highly illegal?

I'm not criticizing, I'm just trying to understand the Alberta HTA. I've been told that in Alberta you can't even have your front windows tinted, which is why my wanting to tint my car fell thru.
                      Last edited by stef2.7t; 01-27-2010, 12:31 AM.
                      -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                      '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Have had lots of friends with front tinted windows, not windshields, but front driver and passenger.

One of the them got a warning once, at a checkstop. But that was only because he was being a bit of a dick towards the cop.

Otherwise they have never had a problem with it.

I have not seen a tinted windshield here. But I have heard of it happening here. I have seen a schwack of tinted windshields in the USofA.

Comment

I had an Lexus in the shop when i was working at shag, and he had a tinted windshield and like limo tint on the sides

It was dark in that car, as matter of fact it made a pretty good napping place
                          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by stef2.7t View Post
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but tinting the windshield...isn't that highly illegal?

I'm not criticizing, I'm just trying to understand the Alberta HTA. I've been told that in Alberta you can't even have your front windows tinted, which is why my wanting to tint my car fell thru.
                            Yeah, I know it's illegal, so is having the front sides done. I'm sure I won't get hassled for the windshield as it looks pretty much identical to stock. However, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a warning or a ticket for my front sides as they're noticeable. As the saying goes though, "sometimes you gotta pay to play" and in this instance a $57 ticket wasn't enough to dissuade me from getting it done.
                            -Cam

Comment

I've never had any issues with my tint. I have a really dark tint, limo on the back and like 15 % or something on the front. Didn't do the windshield...but I wish I would've.
                              Your tint is light...i wouldn't worry too much about it. Looking good btw

Comment

Working...
                              X