All-Road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Road?

So my dad is looking at buying an All-Road. 2001 160,000 MILES 6-speed manual, not sure on cost, but I seem to remember him mentioning it was like $12k will confirm this.

Has the 2.7T. Are these Turbo's on their last legs?
    The Airbag system is still functioning just fine. If that does fail what sort of cost are we looking at? I heard of a Non-OEM replacement...this true?

Any other All-Road things we should know about?

The All-Road isn't the only car we are looking at. The only real requirements is that is has to AWD and have a stick, and not be incredibly expensive.

Re: All-Road?

Where to start?

Those air springs.. if they are the originals are probably teetering on the edge of failure. Especially at 160k miles. Check out Arnott Industries' Airbag solution for their Gen I and II airbags for both front and back. Also they have pumps.

i paid $13k for my 2003 2.7t TIP tranny with 145000 KM's on it. Just having suspension problems now. 160k MILES is a lot of miles though.. those turbos could be going.. and I also think it's almost the time for a new TB. not sure what the KM conversion from 160k miles is though. that can run you up to 2000 bucks depending on the shop. or ask graeme. he helped me with mine. he's a sweet sweet boy. my clutch fan is missing though. :P

Even with problems, i LOVE my allroad. But I'm a big guy. I'm 6'7" inches (recently re-measured. my dick hasn't grown a hair though. that kind of sucks.) and i have a wide shouldered frame. I fit wonderfully in my allroad. Plus it's a sleeper. Everyone assumes I can just take soccer balls and kids from point a to point b, but they don't know that I can do that in a hurry.
    Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

also, milfs totally go for me in my soccermommobile. i haven't been this drenched in older women genitals in my entire life.
      Jess

Comment

allroadfaq.com

160k miles is nuts IMO unless you want to mod it and take care of it for a long time

buy an 05 if you can.. upgraded parts and in theory lower mileage.

or buy the 4.2v8 as its the same v8 in the b6/b7 s4 just detuned but can be 340hp with a chip flash..

i don't mind the tip in my allroad but 6spd would be nice but they are insanely rare

Comment

Ryan is right about the mileage.
          Jess

Comment

I read somewhere that upgrading parts on a '04 and above 2.7T system is tricky, unlike from '00 to '03
            -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
            '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

yes different engine.. well same but different.. my 05 AR is much different than my 01 s4.

Comment

oh? Glad I got the '03 then. Plus, trouble comes in three's.

Oh.

Not a plus.
                Jess

Comment

do a vagcom scan.. newer 2.7T is BEL engine

Comment

If your looking at other prices,

platinum motors in the South (by tunedub) has a 03 for like 13k, 160km as well. 2 years newer and like any car sale, price is always negotiable.

Most of their cars seem to come from out east though, fyi. Guys are generally good, i bought my first audi from there, and it was in good shape.
                    2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

my allroad is from the great separatist state. quebec. service records up to 80-90 thousand km's show it's been well cared for. wish i knew about the other 60 thousand.

13k seems a good price for the 03's with 150ish on them.
                      Jess

Comment

Working...
                      X