Audi E-Tron V2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi E-Tron V2.0

Audi is serious about EVs. Over the last four months, the four-ringed automaker has put out three (well, really 2.5) electric vehicle concepts: the first e-tron in Frankfurt, a repainted, slightly modified version in LA, and now this, the third e-tron – easily the best iteration to date.

Slightly shorter yet just as wide as its predecessors, the Motown e-tron is a refined version of the concepts that came before it, with electric motors driving each wheel and putting out a total of 204 horsepower and 1,955 pound-feet of torque (through some creative mathematics).

Comprised of an aluminum spaceframe coupled with a smattering of carbon fiber bodywork, the e-tron tips the scales at 2,976 pounds (550 pounds less than the previous concepts). With its reduced weight, more refined packaging and reworked drivetrain, the e-tron hits 60 mph in 5.9 seconds and – more tellingly – dispatches the run from 37 to 75 in 5.1 seconds. Audi claims the e-tron can run on a single charge for 155 miles after topping up from a 230-volt socket for 11 hours.

Along with a reworked interior, a new heat pump to boost efficiency and adaptive headlamps that modify their brightness and direction based on weather and steering input. Naturally, Quattro is part of the package, with the torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system splitting the power 40:60 front-to-rear.

Audi restated that a production version of the e-tron will go on sale in late 2012, and this most recent concept is a clearer indication of what we'll see on the road in two year's time. Not only that, but Audi insists that the name "e-tron" will be a brand within the brand – like Quattro is today – and that means more e-tron-equipped models are most definitely in our future.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Audi E-Tron V2.0

WOW!!!!!! That is all I can say at the moment
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Sexy.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

damn! looks to be the size of a TT roughly

not liking the wheel style or grill but change that and toss RS4 style mesh there and were ballin like its 2013

Comment

I love the wing cameras.....
          Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
          2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
          2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

Looks like an Aston Vantage had sex with an R8.
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

nom nom nom.
              | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

Rumors are this will lead to the R4 and it may end up being cheap too!

From Autoblog:

If you're wondering what the likelihood of Audi building a production version of its new e-tron Detroit Concept Car (yes, that's really its official designation), our sources at Audi indicate that a version of the coupe is likely to go into serial production as the oft-rumored R4.

The German automaker is apparently looking to design a smaller modular platform leveraging the expertise it used to develop the front-engine sedan platform that underpins the new A8 and forthcoming A7, among others. The new mid-engine architecture will likely find homes in a number of Volkswagen Group properties, including a production version of the Concept BlueSport, and perhaps even the next-generation Porsche Boxster/Cayman.

While the e-tron show car is a battery-powered electric vehicle, the production model is likely to be available with either an electric motor or conventional internal-combustion four-cylinder variants.

Given the fact that VW intimated last year that a production BlueSport could be produced at around $25,000, we're anticipating that the Audi R4 will slot in under the TT in the low-$30,000 range, as the 2010 TT presently starts at $37,800.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

hot damn! r4! great mid life crisis car for me

Comment

I digs it

I want the rims holy multi spoke!
                    Certified 3m installer
                    jwukovits@me.com
                    1-403-988-9012
                    Instagram @Protectit
                    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
                    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
                    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

yummy! Finally a sexy replacement for the ugly ass Volt and Tesla!
                      Garage --- full at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X