• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHM copy k04 turbos 1400 bucks!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...30#post4635430

not sure what to think of these.. hrmmmmm

Re: JHM copy k04 turbos 1400 bucks!

You gotta love how quickly JHM changes their opinions on 'knock off' parts.. they raise a huge stink over the JHM/ebay FMIC's.. then go on to copy AWE's DTS and Sell knock off chinese turbos.

It will be interesting to see how these turbos hold up over time....

Comment

ya.. they say they are tested but who knows

as far as the DTS.. awe last week put a gb on for 199! shipped.. of course not shipped to canada the assheads.. 60 bucks US for shipping to canada!!!

F that i paid just over 140 for my new wheels to ship here and thats a huge shipment compared to a bar.. bah!
      Last edited by R_Ethug; 12-10-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa.. new wheels?????

Maybe try Tunerworks if you want better price for shipping....

As for testing.. one post on AZ said something about month or two long testing.. then sent back to the manufacturer for assesment. hardly long term......

Comment

ya i could call tuner and see what they say
          Last edited by R_Ethug; 12-10-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Hell, most of BW's stuff is probably made in China. Besides, it's not like BW stuff is that durable anyway. How many of us have had a K03 or K04 fail on us?

(puts hand up)
            Last edited by Mister T; 12-10-2009, 09:16 PM.
            "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

Agreed. I almost trust this company to produce a longer-lasting turbo than BW...almost.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
              JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
              (403) 690-7135
              jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

RP has ads in eurotuner but who knows

i'll wait for reviews and go from there.. i need to find some coils still.. lazy bastich i am

Comment

Saw this yesterday on QW...SERIOUSLY considering a set for the allroad (even though they're not needed lol).
                  Kyle
                  2000 Audi S4

Comment

haha yea.. i'd buy some but too many mods purchased as of late :O

Comment

even if you bought these for that price, you would still need the rest of the kit correct? downpipes / gaskets kit / etc?
                      2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

inlets and gaskets

stock downpipes will work

then the rest of teh good if you want the real deal power

Comment

While you are at it grab the knock off inlets...

Other then that the fueling kit, and possibly new oil/wastegate lines too.

If it were me I would go with JHM (Vast?) since they are the ones selling the turbos.. and if there is a problem with them, its easier for them to not deflect any of the responsibility. (Not saying anything bad about their work.. but you can see some companies trying to get out of it saying it was the fueling kit that caused the problems)

I'd like to see these guys come up with an RS6 or TIAL GT knock off now... I'd love to do RS6's or 605's at some point. (If the car sticks around that long, and budget permits)

Comment

mark now that your married have fun trying to get mods done!!!

hell were dinks are i still have a hard time getting the approval on ****..

when i go stage 3 i'll probably be lazy and just do an OTS APR 3 kit and thats good for me

although i got a rip in graemes rs6 allroad and it was only boosting 15 and was quite fun to be inside

Comment

Im only two months deep... so I havent had to worry about that yet!!

I dont think you can go wrong with APR or the GIAC kits.. direct plug and play.. and I really like how easy it is to switch fuel programs...They may not be the fastest.. but they are certainly the easiest.

Comment

Working...
                              X