A3 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Question

So i have been thinking about an A3 lately as a daily driver and have a few questions.

What is the first year for the A3 to come with Quattro?
    Is quattro available only in the V6? What year in the 2.0T if offered?
    Whats the Transmission choices? DSG / Automatic (5 or 6 speed) / Manual?
    How good is the mileage on the 2.0t vs the V6?
    What kind of Tuning is available for the 2.0t?
    2011 Jetta TDI

Re: A3 Question

Originally posted by canuck699 View Post
    So i have been thinking about an A3 lately as a daily driver and have a few questions.

What is the first year for the A3 to come with Quattro?
    Is quattro available only in the V6? What year in the 2.0T if offered?
    Whats the Transmission choices? DSG / Automatic (5 or 6 speed) / Manual?
    How good is the mileage on the 2.0t vs the V6?
    What kind of Tuning is available for the 2.0t?

I am not sure on this but I think Quattro was offered right off the bat. You can have Quattro in the VR6 and the 2.0T, but it is standard in the 3.2 VR6 platform. You can have a 2.0T quattro, but you can only get it with the DSG transmission. The 2.0T Quattro isn't offerred in the six-speed manual trans.

As for gas mileage, on the 2.0T its around 5.9-6.9 L/100kms. Not too sure on the 3.2L but thats easy to search for with google. I would perfer the 2.0T over the VR6 just because of the tuning possibilities. With just a re-flash of the ECU's parameters and turning up the boost, you can easily gain another 50HP. Change the injectors and make the engine breathe better, will also increase the benefits of this engine.
    Oh..and FYI...the quattro will also rob some of the HP from getting to the ground because it has to rotate another two wheels. I would say it takes away around 20HP at least compared to the 2WD version. I have driven both (2WD and the Quattro), and it is very noticeable.
    Last edited by vee_dubbin; 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM.
    TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
    PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Working...
    X