The good news is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good news is...

I got my new wheels!! The bad news is...it's almost November. Six more months of thinking how nice they would look on my car if I didn't live in a four season country...sigh.

Drove down to the lovely hamlet of Sweet Grass yesterday to pick them up, thanking the near blizzard-like conditions for obscuring how lonely and depressing that part of the world must be. That being said, I would like to shamelessly plug the following people who made my journey as entertaining as possible...

Bob at "at the border storage" who looked after my wheels until I picked them and only charged me $10 for the effort.

Brian at Roseland in Nova Scotia who sold me my Vag-Com and got it to me in two days so I could run some logs on my car on the trip south and prove that there are some things more dangerous than driving and talking on a cell phone.

The super cute Canada Customs girl who explained to me that you have to pay duty on wheels made outside the US, but not rims...you bought rims right? Wink, wink.

The not so super cute US border officer who didn't believe me that there isn't a button to "pop the trunk" inside an S4.

Last, but certainly not least, the lovely and hard-working members of the RCMP who let me off with a warning!

Thank you...here's the rewards of all of our efforts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	513528

Re: The good news is...

We live in a 2 season country.......

Winter and construction.....

Edit: Out of interest what did you prove is more dangerous than talking on your phone?
    Last edited by BaggedGLI; 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

nice! who'd you buy them from that they shipped to sweet grass?

Comment

I am guessing running logs and driving would be the winner, ever tried to set up for a log, start it, and end it while doing upwards of 160kph. Vag com kills people!!
        I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Bought them from Achtuning in Washington...Skyler's the man! I was somewhat leary doing the whole drop them off in Sweet Grass route, but it certainly was the best way to avoid steep brokerage and delivery fees...and with the Canadian dollar where it is, you can't go wrong. Oh, and did I mention the cute customs girl? Lol.

Comment

Nice choice for the wheels. OEM classy, timeless and legendary look on an Audi. Will be awesome.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

weren't these on closeout sale going for like 699us/set or something crazy like that i swore a few days ago i saw apost like that from hartmann/ach.

Comment

Those were the ones...couldn't pass up the price. With taxes, OEM caps and delivery came out to about $900 US...which is about $905 Canadian, lol. Go crappy American dollar!

I'm now trying to justify mounting them during the winter...how stupid would it be to run 225/40-18 tires in Calgary winter?

Comment

idiotic! don't ruin them!

put in basement/garage until the end of may and deal with the fact you live in a crappy climate lol

Comment

Lol, as I always Ryan, I appreciate your candor...

Comment

Working...
                    X