• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door hinges lowering?

anyone else get this yet? i'm sure you all have it to some degree by now

my allroad even does..

audi hinges kinda suck

but my S4 the driver door is starting to stick.. if your driving the car and look at the mirror of the side of the car the exterior trim is out of line by like 1/4" or so..

the allroad is the same by like 1/10" if that.. barely noticable to the naked eye

anyways i wonder if i can shim it higher or just order new hinges and repalce it this winter? its getting parked in like 3 weeks anyways.. F'in car LOL

Re: door hinges lowering?

is there play? like can you lift the door and get any movement? or something has just shifted/bent/sagged.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I know there was a write up on AW about shimming the door as its a common problem with the B5's
      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
      2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
      2001 Audi A4 - RIP
      2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
      2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
      2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
      1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
      2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

doesn't feel like play when i lift it up which is the odd part.. but its starting to stick on me and i can see obvious wear/rubbing on the inside lock part on the center pillar or whatever..

Comment

just lift real har on the door from the bottom ...not kidding will bend it back into place . i wil do it for you at h next meet works evry tim
          sigpic

Comment

thats what i've been reading online is people taking a jack with a towel and slowly doing that.. worth a try haha as its the back corner that is sagging.. f'in audis.. i really want to buy a 2010 s4 and screw the 01 in the bum

Comment

I think this is what caused the damage on my door blade. A good fix would be nice.
              A little yellow '04 S4 Avant

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking too.. did you get the new blade put on?

just check your chrome window trim on the outside along the bottom of the windows and you'll see if its lower or not.. you can definitely tell

and FWIW i guess this happens on b5-b7s :/

Comment

You can adjust the hinges. If you can't figure out how to adjust them, just grab the door and pull up with all your might. Works like a charm.
                  Jordan
                  Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                  JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                  (403) 690-7135
                  jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

i actually followed chris' instructions this afternoon and it did fix it!! well not perfect but its better but i swear the door is off a bit the gap between it and the rear door seems bigger now?? maybe i'm on crack.. my dog just got out of surgery so my mind is elsewhere

Comment

just want to say, my bus from 73 and it don't stick. Light doors ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                        i actually followed chris' instructions this afternoon and it did fix it!! well not perfect but its better but i swear the door is off a bit the gap between it and the rear door seems bigger now?? maybe i'm on crack.. my dog just got out of surgery so my mind is elsewhere
                        you pay too much attention to detail and become paranoid after some point

Comment

perhaps. i gave it another reef last night and seriously it looks factory fresh now!!

F'in audi hinges haha

i may have to adjust the striker piece a bit but i'll leave it for now but at least it won't drive me nuts looking at it anymore

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X