6 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 speed swap

The engine and trans are in, new front axles are coming, rear diff on its way, full stage 3 fueling 60# injectors on their way(hopefully), Spending most of my week off selling parts that I dont need, as I am waiting for all those that I do need. Started playing with the catback, may go for an even more custom setup, we'll see what cash flow permits
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

I have been kind of the guinea pig for the A6 platform swap, lots of parts that should fit and dont, I basically have had to buy everything twice, thus a week trying to sell what I dont need in order to generate more mod fund cash. Hopefully once this is finished I will be able to help anyone who attempts in the future, and steer them in the right direction for parts, wiring and all other things. I dont mind being one of the first, just wish it didn't cost me so much

Comment

you gonna make it for euroquake?

Comment

Nope, not in the car. I hoped I would, but as I posted earlier, I had to buy everything twice, then I get to wait for shipping. Still waiting on front axles (due Aug 20), rear diff (due today), fueling (maybe by Friday), then I get to get a custom propshaft made at my Dad's shop, that should be at least a couple of days, cant get the PS made until the rear diff in and I can get some measurements. I will be coming up Sunday, possibly on the Norton 750 Commando, depends on the weather

Comment

Big day forpackages, got my JHM solid axles, VAST fueling, and Rear diff from Shokan. I put the new axles in and resnugged the motor, tommorrow fueling and diff, final measurement for custom propshaft. It will be running but not moving till Monday or Tuesday

Comment

Awesome! I'm glad everything showed up safe and sound.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
              JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
              (403) 690-7135
              jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Not sure if you've seen this...

http://wiki.quattroworld.com/index.p...spd_Conversion

Comment

Unfortunately, it's a bit different for the A6. The real tricky part is trying to figure out which parts are interchangeable between the S4 and the A6 when doing the swap from TIP to 6sp...
                  Jordan
                  Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                  JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                  (403) 690-7135
                  jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Got the fueling done replaced or rerouted vac lines, got the diff in (tough to do on your own). Driveshaft is measured, Monday we'll see if I can get it pieced together at my Dad's shop. All fluids for tomorrow, I need a new battery and then I will start it up. still need to put the headlights back together (pulled them apart and cleare cornered them, painted the housings black, lenses are still foggy, ordered a 3m HL kit. Maybe it will be completely done by the next Thursday meet

Comment

Originally posted by nothing77 View Post
                      got the diff in (tough to do on your own).
                      Cough cough* Will work for Pizza *cough cough
                      "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

I actually had my wife there, but she mainly acted as a spotter, and someone to yell things at/to when it wasn't working out. She doesn't like working on the car, I dont know why

Comment

Hmmm, I couldn't see why either. Well, if you ever need to stay out of divorce court the offer still stands.
                          "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

How's the swap doing?

Comment

Good, waiting for a custom driveshaft, that's about it, finished redoing the boost gauge and meth kit wiring. Should be ready soon. I have been focusing on selling unneeded/wanted parts this past week

Comment

By any chance you have an extra S4 hub you are willing to sell? If mine is stripped beyond repair.. I'll need one.

Comment

Working...
                                X