6 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 speed swap

Really? I'm surprised that the A6 2.7Ts' use a 5HP-19. So is the S4 the only one to use a 5HP-24?

How many A6 owners actually upgrade the TC? That, and have any of them used IPT http://www.importperformancetrans.co...gonauto.shtml?
    Last edited by Mister T; 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM.
    "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

Prince at VAST gave me an incredible resource today, a customer of theirs who completed the swap. He sent me a pair of emails fully detailing exactly what is to be done, emails came complete with 30 high res pictures. This should make the wiring a snap, not to mention that I already have a 6 speed harness (poor condition) which I can use as a guideline.
      I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

nice ryan.. please save all these things for me so when i want to swap the AR to a 6spd i can do it easily

Comment

I got up early this morning and sarted wiring. First off cut open my OEM 6 speed harness. I am not using the harness as is because it is from a 2k S4 with Bosch MAF and it has some points that look brittle. From the harness I located the reverse light switch and pulled the entire wiring assy out of the harness, removing it from its brown and red conectors back at the firewall. Next up was to open up the ECU harness and pull the wire for the clutch vent switch, I followed it back to its connection point at the white firewall connector and removed it. These 2 sets of wires will just pop into my existing TIP harness. I also pulled all the wires from the larger of the 2 ECU clips, this is due to a slight difference between the A box connection and the T box connection. I am only swappng ECU's because I am selling the T box with GIAC programming to recoup some costs.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ran into major issues with drivetrain fittiment, looks like no Euroquake for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nothing77 View Post
              Ran into major issues with drivetrain fittiment, looks like no Euroquake for me.
              That sucks

Comment

Your telling me, issue is that a B5 S4 diff will never fit and mount into a C5 A6, unfortunately I have a diff for a B5 S4. Iwould have to custom fab a front and rear mount for the diff, as well as have a custom driveshaft made for it. My only hope is that I can pull the crown and pinion from the S4 diff and fit it into the A6 diff, but I'm not holding my breath

Comment

Your telling me, issue is that a B5 S4 diff will never fit and mount into a C5 A6, unfortunately I have a diff for a B5 S4. Iwould have to custom fab a front and rear mount for the diff, as well as have a custom driveshaft made for it. My only hope is that I can pull the crown and pinion from the S4 diff and fit it into the A6 diff, but I'm not holding my breath
                  That sucks man. What are you going to do if you can't do the swap?

Comment

I am moving forward, another diff was ordered from Shokan, it will be here next week. JHM gave me credit on the S4 diff and let me keep it to sell, so a FMIC is in the works. I am in engine and engine bay detailing mode, probably put the enigne and trans back tonight. I am off next week for R and R, aka work on the car. Also the S4 uses the same 5hp19 as the A6
                    Last edited by Mantis; 08-15-2009, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Also the S4 uses the same 5hp19 as the A6
                      That's what I was trying to tell you!!

I'm glad to hear that everything is moving forward.
                      Jordan
                      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                      (403) 690-7135
                      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

I have always known that the 5hp19 was used in both platforms, the issue comes when you start considering actual wheelbase, its the DS and Diff that are different from B to C platforms, B5.5 passats and C5 platfroms use a stretched B5 as a base.

Comment

. I am off next week for R and R, aka work on the car.
                          Give me a shout if you need a second set of hands. (PM me if you don't have my number)

Comment

I have always known that the 5hp19 was used in both platforms, the issue comes when you start considering actual wheelbase, its the DS and Diff that are different from B to C platforms, B5.5 passats and C5 platfroms use a stretched B5 as a base.
                            I thought you were under the impression that the gearing ratios were different?
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
                            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
                            (403) 690-7135
                            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

ratio's no, TCM's yes

Comment

Sounds like thing are starting to come together

Comment

Working...
                                X