6 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 speed swap

trans arrived today, also front shafts, clutch, fywheel, shifter+linkage. Still waiting for rear diff, master/slave cylinders
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

I ordered a shift surround and boot today. Big thanks to Eric at Royal Oak, the help and pricing were both great.

Comment

nice! can't wait to see the beast done up

Comment

Not to be outdone by Graeme, here are soime pics of my new clutch and flywheel, I resurfaced the flywheel myself, actually worked out pretty well
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mantis; 07-31-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Yourself??? Or did you have that shop do it?
            Jordan
            Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
            JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
            (403) 690-7135
            jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Myself, there were no groves. so I used some cutting oil and emery cloth, put a straight edge across it and double checked for gapping.

Comment

I finally worked on my own car today, pull the TIP flywheel, torqued down the new flywheel and clutch, put the engine and trans back together. Tomorrow the engine goes back in the car. Final parts shipment left VAST today.

Comment

Nice. I just finished that TB job about an hour ago, Ryan, I'll call soon.
                  Jordan
                  Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

What do you estimate the total cost to have been? I currently have a tip (w ITP torque converter) However I've been mulling around the idea of swapping a manual tranny if if the tip ever fails. One question though, was the tip crankshaft compatible with the manual tranny. Bear in mind that I have a 1.8T, not a 2.7TT.

Edit: I saw the 3000 total in your earlier post. Just wondering if it went up towards the end of the project.
                    Last edited by Mister T; 08-04-2009, 09:54 PM.
                    "Paranoia is just the eerie sensation of knowing you're right"

Comment

jeebs.. guys can we start our own indy 2.7t shop LOL

sounds rad ryan..

Comment

The cost of about 3k before shipping did go up, but that is because I decided to buy another clutch. Looking at my receipts, the total is 3k before shipping costs, also I have another 1k to spend on different tuning and fueling, it was a 3- car and will be 3+. As far as I know, the crankshafts on all audi engine models are interchangeable from TIP to manual. I just had to take off the TIP flywheel, and put the manual one on

Comment

How did your tip stand up to the power increase? As far as I know the jury is still out on what those trannies can take. My research on it shows about a max 300HP/ft/lb on a 5HP-19FL. I would presume that a 5HP-24 could take about 350 or thereabouts.

Note: These figures are all with the assumption that the torque converter has been upgraded

Comment

There are lots and lots of people running the TIP trans on their stage 3 cars, running ~500chp. The TC is the weak link, it needs to be upgraded for much over 300hp...
                            Jordan
                            Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

My TC is upgraded already with an IPT unit. I'm also debating a tip chip to quicken up the clutch pack application. BTW are the 500 HP cars using a 5HP-19FLA or a 5HP-24-FLA

Comment

5hp19 on the A6 2.7t, TIP chip will help for certain

Comment

Working...
                                X