6 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 speed swap

I finally got tired of dealing with TIP issues, pulled the trigger on a used 01e to swap in, also found a buyer for my barely used (5k) TC which cuts costs almost in half. Pulling the engine and trans next weekend, should be up and running with the 6 speed wihin the month of July. plan to document this pull slightly better than the last one, wish me luck
    I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Re: 6 speed swap

did you bail on the BT job then? or still going ahead but with a 6spd now

if the AR tranny blows after warranty 6spd ahoy too

Comment

Hey Ryan,

Sorry I missed your call tonight, I was in Transformers. As far as your question about the ECU goes, give me a call tomorrow so I can get a better idea of what you're referring to and we can figure things out. I should have the engine back in this car by next weekend, so if you need anything I should be somewhat available.
      Jordan
      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
      (403) 690-7135
      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

Thanks Jordan, I'll call you today. Ryan the BT, built engine will go in the A6. I figured a 6 speed is the way to go to support big HP #'s.

Comment

cool!

Comment

first 2.5 hrs went smooth, all fluids drained (or at least what isnt hiding in the block and turbos), intercoolers, airbox, rad support, rad, A/C, all out. Should be another 3-4hr and it will be out.

Comment

Should be much less than 3-4 hrs to get the engine out from this point
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

I'm slow,and I'm actually bagging and labelling all the nuts and bolts that come off this time

Comment

Cool Ryan sounds like your going to have one serious A6. Got any more info on the single BAT set up your going with?
                  2002 996TT
                  2011 S5
                  2004 S4 Avant

Comment

bullseye s380, 1.10ar, 3.0l stroked motor with built 2.8 heads,custom intake and exhaust mani's

Comment

Nice, I take it your doing this now that the engine is out or is it coming out again? Who are you getting to do your engine/headwork?
                      2002 996TT
                      2011 S5
                      2004 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by nothing77 View Post
                        I'm slow,and I'm actually bagging and labelling all the nuts and bolts that come off this time
                        It really doesn't matter how long it takes you, I'm just giving ya a hard time, buddy. Bagging and labeling everything is a fantastic plan, and I happen to know somebody else that uses that technique
                        Jordan
                        Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Rob, the spare block is in the basement, has a 3.0l crank in it and not much else, funds permitting this should be done next summer, I'll stick with the stage 3 with 6 speed till next year. As far as heads go I may have Jordan send them to VAST to get worked. Jordan, I know your just givng me a hard time, i'll let it slide, considering I will be needing lots of help/advice once the 01e arrives

Comment

Pulled the engine tonight, total time about 6hrs, I'll split the motor and trans tomorrow and pack up the TC to go to a new home

Comment

Located and purchased all necessary parts, found an 01e with 36k miles on it, total parts cost was about 3k cad with shipping. Nect week everything should arrive, with any luck I will be driving to Euroquake in the A6

Comment

Working...
                              X