Where to get car scanned in edmonton / problem diagnosis :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get car scanned in edmonton / problem diagnosis :(

So i turned my car on just now and the idle is VERY low, around 500, and the engine is vibrating pretty bad... I tried to give it some gas but pressing the pedal pretty far down didnt seem to raise the rpm's at all... So fuel pump? i have no idea but those are the only symptoms, engine light came on. Where should i take it, other than the dealership to get the codes scanned?

edit: car is a 2002 325xi
    Last edited by a_n9ne; 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Where to get car scanned in edmonton / problem diagnosis :(

dang, doing some searching came up with a lot of cases like mine. And no direct fix
    sigpic

Comment

Turn on the car this morning to see if anything is different, its -28 btw, car drives perfectly fine lol... some hidden gremlin i'm going to have to find when its nicer out.
      sigpic

Comment

That sounds weird , kinda like a act of god ? You could try Auto Imports on 99 st . Terry or Zopher..

Comment

It's time to get a new car from me right Mr. Baker? LOL

Comment

Hey Howard , Your right I do want a new car ! LOL , my vehicle is at audi again..
            Hope your house shopping is going well and people are still buying Benzes no matter they economy.

Comment

Originally posted by a_n9ne View Post
              So i turned my car on just now and the idle is VERY low, around 500, and the engine is vibrating pretty bad... I tried to give it some gas but pressing the pedal pretty far down didnt seem to raise the rpm's at all... So fuel pump? i have no idea but those are the only symptoms, engine light came on. Where should i take it, other than the dealership to get the codes scanned?

edit: car is a 2002 325xi
              try Frank's on south side...the best place you can take your bimmer...unless you wanna go to a dealership....let me know and i'll tell you his address and stuff

Comment

I'll keep him in mind, but for now im not gonna worry about it. I did a lot of searching around e46fanatics and its pretty common and hard to diagnose, people have spent $2000 replacing everything the codes say are malfunctioning and still have the same problem lol. Im going to check the adjuster unit when its a LOT nicer out
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X