E46 headlight replacement advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 headlight replacement advice.

My Friend's 2002 BMW 330 Ci has a cracked headlight housing. the Lens is crack so badly that a lot of moisture is getting in. Me being an Audi driver am not familiar with the parts. I suspect the whole assembly needs to be replaced? I am Just looking for advice for a parts dealer and or mechanic to do the work as opposed to the stealer-ship. Personal i would be inclined to order the part online and take it to A mechanic willing to do the work, but this is not my car. Can you Bimmer guys please lend some advice on the best route to go here?

Thanks in advance.

The lights are the standard E46 style as pictured here. Not the swoopy style.
    Last edited by Jam-T; 07-08-2008, 11:46 AM.

Re: E46 headlight replacement advice.

you'd need a whole headlight yea.. if he's into modding try and buy the ecodes with the clear corners or the m3 ones with the clears.. ebay maybe has some used ones even

Comment

I am not so sure she is. Does any one know of a decent BMW parts website?

Comment

Bump anyone have any advice?

Comment

did you check ebay?

Comment

wait a sec im not too sure that he does need an entire headlight assembly. im pretty sure the headlights were 3 piece on BMW until 2004. the corners, housing, and lens cover were all seperate pieces. Tell your friend to check out bimmerforums.com. im an Audi guy as well, but i helped a buddy do Umnitizia? angel eyes last year.. problem is i also drank 12 beer while doing it and can not remember how the lights are constructed
            Last edited by ridelikeme; 07-07-2008, 03:25 PM.

Comment

they are 3 pieces! a brain cell or 2 must have survived

Comment

Thanks alot! that was a great help.

Comment

Working...
                X