Piggie pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piggie pipes

So on Sunday i installed my piggie dp's and took the car out on the highway to try them out. So as I'm still cruising a couple of ladies in a Caddie XLR top down (the cars top not theirs unfortunately ) unknowingly decided to help me out with the test, so these girls pull up give me a wave then step on it, but as they were pulling up I was already dropping to 4th as my spidey senses were tingling so they got the early jump on me but I managed to reel them in quickly and just waved back with a rather large **** eating grin as I pulled buy with ease, the driver wasn't to happy but the girl in the passenger seat kept waving. So the verdict is with the piggies I really notice how much quicker the boost builds up and the car certainly pulls alot harder till redline where before she'd really run out of breath shortly after 6k where you'd have to short-shift. I tried a few more pulls on my own further down the highway but I sure noticed how heat-soaked it became with my crappy stock ic's still in the car. So now I really can't wait to drop my ER's in and be able to hold the power all day, damn power's an addiction now I just want more!
    2002 996TT
    2011 S5
    2004 S4 Avant

Nice man!

When I get my first summer paycheck I am thinking of investing in AWE DP's and a Twin 2. Can't wait.
    sigpic
    2001.5 Santorin S4
    Stock so far

Spencer

Comment

Re: Piggie pipes

Dude, either do the piggie mod on your dp's or if you don't want to, I can order you a pair. Please don't waste your money on after market dp's unless you plan on getting RS6 or GT turbos.
      Jordan
      Jerbel Autowerks

Distributor of parts from:
      JAW, 034 Motorsport, Power Up Lubricants and OEM replacement parts
      (403) 690-7135
      jordan@jerbelautowerks.com

Comment

NEWBIE ALERT!!!

What are piggie pipes? Best as I can figure, they replace the DP's with the cats removed?
        Jeff

2017 Sportwagen
        2016 .:R (sold)
        2013 Golf TDI Wolfsburg (sold)
        2001.5 Audi S4 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
          Dude, either do the piggie mod on your dp's or if you don't want to, I can order you a pair. Please don't waste your money on after market dp's unless you plan on getting RS6 or GT turbos.

Although the performance increase is small over the piggies.. it definitely is present... however the cost does outweigh the gains in comparison to other mods. I think there is a fairly big sound difference as well...

Piggies are just he stock DP's gutted...
          Last edited by R-Audi; 04-29-2008, 07:40 AM.

Comment

nice rob.. only a few more weeks until my car goes under the knife to install a new timing belt, RS4 ICs and fully gutted piggies.. don't know what will make more of a difference between the ICs or DPs but i'll be muchos happy!

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
              Although the performance increase is small over the piggies.. it definitely is present... however the cost does outweigh the gains in comparison to other mods. I think there is a fairly big sound difference as well...

Piggies are just he stock DP's gutted...
              I'm not convinced that aftermarket dp's yield any more power than fully gutted piggies on K04 and smaller applications. I have yet to see any data that suggests they do.

They may make a different sound, and I suppose if someone wants to pay $1500 for a little different exhaust note, then go right ahead. I would like to compare the way your car sounds to the way mine sounds right now and see the difference. Yours with dp's and Milltek 3", mine with piggies and Milltek 3" minus the rear muffler.
              Last edited by The_Jerbel; 04-29-2008, 08:48 AM.
              Jordan
              Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

thats true jordan.. for the cost of awe/apr,etc vs piggies or fully gutted piggies its a no brainer.. most aftermarket DPs are using 2.5" or 2.6 or whatever the stock pipe size is anyways! and the aftermarket cats are the same damn spec as the stock cats

Comment

Yeah Ryan you'll certainly notice the difference with the dp's, I don't know if you'll really gain much hp with the ic's but you will certainly loose much less due to heat soak. The piggies will do me fine for now but this winter I'm going to drop in some 3" dp's and I've really been trying to decide what route to take for the catback either Vast's Techtonics 2.5" dual or possibly the 4" single a number of guys seem to be rocking these days, Jason at JHM was saying he has some exhaust company fabbing them up, does anyone have any opinions on the subject. If any s4 guys want a set of piggies I now have an extra set of dp's I'll convert here shortly, shoot me a pm.
                  2002 996TT
                  2011 S5
                  2004 S4 Avant

Comment

LOL rob.. send them my way! saves me time for sure..

as for your exhaust.. personally if i was doing it all over again i'd probably stick with my APR stealth for a nice tone but quiet..
                    but i want more grunt and ASP true dual 1 or AWE twin 1 are the only way to go

Comment

4" single is the only option IMO, Rob. If you're doing dual 3" dp's, they'd be pointless unless you have a CB that can match the flow rate. You must be going with the RS6 turbo kit if you're thinking you need an exhaust that big.
                      Jordan
                      Jerbel Autowerks

(403) 690-7135

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jerbel View Post
                        4" single is the only option IMO, Rob. If you're doing dual 3" dp's, they'd be pointless unless you have a CB that can match the flow rate. You must be going with the RS6 turbo kit if you're thinking you need an exhaust that big.
                        Yeah Jordan looks like I will be going with the RS-6 setup like we were discussing before, I've talked to Jason a few times about the set-up and he has me convinced that it's the setup for me. We talked about exhaust and he too figures 4" would be the best exhaust for power on the top end with a healthy RS6 setup but I still want civilized sound for daily driving and there isn't much for options when it comes to the dual rear tipped muffler set-up, I don't like the fart cannon look or sound much. I really like the sound of that TT 2.5" dual and Jason says it wouldn't be very detrimental to power depending on how much headwork etc. I choose to go with, but for drags I could always just go with open dp's whether it be with removed exhaust or possibly squeeze some cut-outs in there, what do you guys think? Jordan could you shoot me a pm on pricing for the TT exhaust please.
                        2002 996TT
                        2011 S5
                        2004 S4 Avant

Comment

RS6 setup would be sick Rob...I'll have to get a ride in that for sure. I agree with you on the 4" setup. Although I'm sure it flows a lot better, I cannot stand the look of a single ricer exhaust on the S...I wonder how this would work for you? 4" inlet with dual 3" tips...and it's flat black which I personally think would look sick! I'm really debating grabbing one but I don't really need the 4" flow going in...
                          Kyle
                          2000 Audi S4

Comment

Wow that does look pretty sweet Kyle maybe I will have to look more into the 4". Seen any S4's with this or heard any sound clips?
                            2002 996TT
                            2011 S5
                            2004 S4 Avant

Comment

I believe it just came out, so no sound clips or anything yet...but as a bonus, you can order it through Mopac here in town and not have to pay shipping or duty. I think I might grab one, but I would have to get a custom section made from the DP's to the muffler...and I don't want it to be loud as hell...any ideas?
                              Last edited by Smarty39; 04-29-2008, 10:14 AM.
                              Kyle
                              2000 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                              X