A4 Avant question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 Avant question

I'm looking at getting a A4 Avant as the family car. I've found a 2004 I really like. My question: Is there such a thing as a wagon that does not have Quattro?

The car in question (I have yet to take it for a test drive) has no quattro badges.

Everything I've read (American) tells me that Quattro was standard for the wagons for the model year. Was there a Quattro less Canadian Edition that I don't know about.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kona Bear; 04-22-2008, 03:54 PM.
    Mike
    '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Re: A4 Avant question

an audi without quattro is simply stupid.. but the new b8s are going to come FWD i've read and quattro of course

i'm pretty sure any B6/b7 avant is quattro only

Comment

Is there any website that tells you how to read the VIN #?

Thanks.
      Mike
      '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
      '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Does it have a quattro badge on it?

Comment

It has none. Either they where not put on for the model year, or they where removed.
          Mike
          '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
          '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Why not look under the car for the driveshaft?
            Also, you cant remove the interior Quattro badges...

Comment

I think Nordex was refering too the exterior badges. Good call on the drive shaft. It's on the Northland VW lot right now buried under snow. When I take it for a test drive on the weekend all my questions will be answered I'm sure. Thanks for the help!
              Last edited by Kona Bear; 04-24-2008, 02:11 PM.
              Mike
              '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
              '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

The CVT FWD was offered in that MY, but I didn't thing they made Avant's with it...like Mark said, the "Quattro" badge on the interior trim cannot be removed (without leaving a hole).
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Bear View Post
                  I'm looking at getting a A4 Avant as the family car. I've found a 2004 I really like. My question: Is there such a thing as a wagon that does not have Quattro?

The car in question (I have yet to take it for a test drive) has no quattro badges.

Everything I've read (American) tells me that Quattro was standard for the wagons for the model year. Was there a Quattro less Canadian Edition that I don't know about.

Thanks.
                  I'm pretty sure there were Avants without Quattro. We looked for one for my wife and found a black one, standard, but then realized it was only FWD. So as they may be rare, there are some for sure, it was MY 2002+.

Comment

Working...
                  X