Turbo M5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo M5!

Currency Motor Cars is proud to introduce the first of an unprecedented line of supercars. This flagship model is an ingeniously modified 2006 BMW M5 that can reach a top speed of 240 mph. This makes it the fastest, most powerful luxury 4-door sedan on the planet. CMC co-founder, Ron Cash, has brilliantly outfitted BMW’s compression V-10 engine with twin-turbo chargers and a custom inter-cooler system to kick out an astonishing 800+ horses. No one in the world has been able to achieve this...until now. This is the only car of its kind. The mind-boggling power of this vehicle is complimented by the exquisite alterations of it's interior. The leather in the steering wheel, arm rests and dash is the same as the leather in the seats. Fully aniline dyed Florida alligator in black. Only the finest suede and leathers have been used, much like the old Delahaye and Bugatti roadsters in the 1930's. This custom interior is all meticulously hand stitched, designed and installed by Judy Amic-Angelo, one of the the most respected product designers in the country.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Turbo M5!

sick. at least they made it easy for turbo upgrades.
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

farking ballllller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so damn hot

Comment

DANG!
        That is soo hot!
        Got 5?

Comment

Oh wow, take the fender vents out and shave them, and you got yourself a pretty wicked sleeper if you ask me. I would, If i could, lol
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

yeah its pretty cool. i was reading about it on bimmerforums a little over a month ago.

theres some good vids out too. i'll try to find them again
            Whether you can or you cant,
            you are right!

- Henry ford

Comment

IMO very bad design on the turbo system.

Very bad, sorry.

I am sure there is not much room under the hood but I think a lot of people could have come up with something better than that.

Namely you move things from under the hood into the trunk such as the battery box or something like that, build a liquid to air intercooler system and some innovative headers.

I am sure this is not a european tuner, must be american, no euro company would do that

I am glad it makes nice numbers and maybe is fast but not reliable or maintainable or robust and its inefficient too.
              Last edited by Kor; 03-21-2007, 08:03 PM.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Pretty cool car, but if that thing will actually do 240mph with those mis-matched hose clamps and all that duct-tape under there, I'll eat my hat.
                Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post

Very bad, sorry.

I am sure there is not much room under the hood but I think a lot of people could have come up with something better than that.

Namely you move things from under the hood into the trunk such as the battery box or something like that, build a liquid to air intercooler system and some innovative headers.

I am sure this is not a european tuner, must be american, no euro company would do that

I am glad it makes nice numbers and maybe is fast but not reliable or maintainable or robust and its inefficient too.

Ya pretty weird design. There are many twin turbo "kits" out there for the corvette that are the same design as this, thats probly where they got it from, and plus i could see why its desinged like that. easy to install, if something breaks, dont have to spend an arm and a leg to get someone to spend the time to fix it.

idk, either way you look at it, its still badass fo sho.
                  James
                  mk4 wagon

Comment

Yeah but if you run over a tree branch it breaks your turbos!
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Somewhere in the dope shizz thread in the MK1 forum on the vortex there's a bunch of info on an 80 something chev suburban running a turbo like that haha.

I guess one advantage is less heat soak, and as others mentioned ease of maintenance.
                      Jay

Comment

Very bad, sorry.

have you ever thought about weight distribution? the main reason they mount them there is due to space restrictions in the engine bay, yes. but they also place them back there to retain as much of the near perfect 50/50 distribution that it was originally made with. and we all know what that does to overall performance.
                        Move the battery box? what battery box.
                        i could go on but my time is vey valuable. to many rediculous opinions in one post.
                        Whether you can or you cant,
                        you are right!

- Henry ford

Comment

one nice thing is no exhaust system since they turbos exit 2 feet away which would be damn loud i think but sick

Comment

Originally posted by matimus View Post
                            have you ever thought about weight distribution? the main reason they mount them there is due to space restrictions in the engine bay, yes. but they also place them back there to retain as much of the near perfect 50/50 distribution that it was originally made with. and we all know what that does to overall performance.
                            Move the battery box? what battery box.
                            i could go on but my time is vey valuable. to many rediculous opinions in one post.
                            Ridiculous is spelled with an i.

I don't feel like arguing but I have no idea how close to 50/50 the original weight distribution is on the car or how well this preserves it if at all, but I don't think it would actually matter all that much.

The battery box idea was just an idea which is why I said "or something" - basically the idea was to move things from under the hood elsewhere which is not such a dumb idea imo when planning a turbo.

The exhaust gasses will have lost a lot of energy by the time they reach the compressor and if you look at the bends there are so many of them and some are very awkward. I've been told its good to have a straight length of exhaust post hot side as well to help evacuate the turbulent air. The distance that the compressed air has to travel is far (more like volume of air needed is large) which is not going to be ideal either.

As I mentioned the turbos are exposed which is not entirely great in my mind, they will be hit by rocks or just whatever is under the car.

Build your BMW like this if you like it so much.

YES it works I will admit that, sure.

I am pretty sure nobody would do this unless they HAD to because of space restrictions though and even then I would try everything else first to fit things under the hood.
                            Last edited by Kor; 03-21-2007, 10:37 PM.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Whether or not you think the turbo setup is effective, you gotta respect the work.

Ridiculous is spelled with an i.
                              Since when did we start correcting spelling on a car forum?

What's next, the grammar police?
                              Tint sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X