No announcement yet.

Thoughts about January's meet? Or just a show and tell at Calgary Auto Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts about January's meet? Or just a show and tell at Calgary Auto Works

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
    Cool!
    Any testing on bigger motors?
    12v VR6 on their site, shows 16hp gain
    '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
    '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
    '07 Ford F-150
    '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Re: Thoughts about January's meet? Or just a show and tell at Calgary Auto Works

With tweaking the compressor housing/wheel they can probably get a lot of different flows and pressures out there just by ramping up/down the speed of the motor. Of course a larger battery pack would be required for a motor with a higher wattage but it is all possible...you might just have to get a tune if you run higher boost due to fuelling

Comment

Site says for 2.0l 2000-2005. No love for cable throttle 99.5's? Despite the fact that it costs roughly what I payed for the car, I'd consider it
        Last edited by btimbit; 01-25-2013, 12:49 PM.
        '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
        '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
        '07 Ford F-150
        '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

I would love to see the results of this in a 16V MK2 Gti! For what it is, I was very impressed by the presentation!
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Thanks all.

The vr6 setup is using the 180hp head. It "only" made 60ftlbs more down low. If we were to use the 250hp head there would be more power at redline. However we have not tested that. If someone were to want to try, give myself or Chris at CAW a call. The 250hp model was developed using a chev 4.3L v6. It is not really on the website yet, results to come.

We were having a hard time keeping track of the model years for each vehicle. It should work with any mkiv.

Comment

So, just following up with this.

Anyone know anyone that would like to try it out, etc, we would consider doing a deal whereby we or calgary auto works installs it, and you get 7 days to try it out. If you don't like it, money back guarantee on the unit, as long as it is not opened up/modded, etc.

Mods, pm me about what I should do now that we are "opening" our business up for sales.
              Last edited by Gamman; 02-16-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

HMMMMM......would you guys be able to do this on an E30 M20 Engine? (91 325IS)
                Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Yes, if it has a MAF and a decent computer/fueling system on board. It's a 91, so probably. Look for a sensor on the intake track, near airbox with wires. You probably know what to look for, sorry.

One of our test mules is a e36 93 318i with the m44, it works very well.

Cool car, 192hp?you would need the 250head.

In your case, when one car is not being used, you could swap it back and forth!

If you or anyone wants to drive our golf, let me know. I should be trying to show up to events now the system is fully developed.

On a side note, we just made one minor tweak and saw 4.9psi down low and almost 3 psi at redline yesterday on the golf. To give you an idea, I bet we saw 4.25psi max at the Dyno.

Comment

The E30 325is M20B25 had 170HP. The E36 M50B25 had the 192HP Engine. Either way, I'm sure we could discuss all the things that would be needed to do this when the time comes. Definitely interested though after seeing the results on that 2.0!
                    Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Working...
                    X