GTI E-code headlight(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTI E-code headlight(s)

Got a chip in the glass lens on my HIDs and looking for a replacement lens. Rahter than bucking up for another HID housing, I'm thinking of transplanting the glass lens from an E-code. Let me know if you have one, or both headlights for sale.

PS - Anyone running with glass lenses, the 3M film (Bart and whoever bought Ryan's old car) will not protect the glass from a rock strike. I'm going to get some of those lexan covers once I can source a replacement lens.

Jeff
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Re: GTI E-code headlight(s)

the jettas were always plastic so i never worried about rocks but that sucks man :(

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
      PS - Anyone running with glass lenses, the 3M film (Bart and whoever bought Ryan's old car) will not protect the glass from a rock strike. I'm going to get some of those lexan covers once I can source a replacement lens.

Jeff
      That's not good news, the Volvo ones are glass
      Jay

Comment

Mine are glass and I have such a thick film on them that they can take rock hits, the thing is though they are very ugly after awhile and block alot of light :(
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

i noticed a few weeks ago i too have a very small rock chip in my right lamp. i put the 3m mostly to prevent speckling, but protecting from chips i was hoping would be a bonus. who knows maybe it helps, but could have been a big rock. its not too big and very hard to notice it, you really have to look, and about right in the middle of the lamp. what i'm going to do first is take it to the glass place and see if they can fill it, they should right? probably should be easier and work better since its thicker then windshields anyway.
          Last edited by bart; 05-11-2006, 02:40 AM.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Yeah, I have a tear in the 3m on my bumper just in front of the headlight, and a chip/crack/hole (haven't peeled back the film to see how bad it is) in the glass. No foging in the lens yet, so I'm thinking it might just be a chip/crack. I'll try out the local CrystalGlass by my house and see if they can do anything with it.
            Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
              Mine are glass and I have such a thick film on them that they can take rock hits, the thing is though they are very ugly after awhile and block alot of light :(
              Hmm, wonder if the FK glass would fit on my HIDs
              Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X