WTB: 1.8T Performance Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 1.8T Performance Parts

Hey. I'm looking at building up a 1.8T to make big power (350+ whp), so I need parts...

Larger turbo
    Exhaust Manifold
    FPR
    Fuel Rail
    Intake Manifold
    Throttle Body
    Injectors
    Wastegate
    FMIC or Air to Water IC
    Clutch or Flywheel (only if brand new)
    Any kind of software / engine management
    Anything else that i've forgot to mention.

I'm not looking for any exhaust peices or IC piping, as everything will be custom made.

Let me know what you've got and how much you want for it.

Thanks!
    Chris

Re: WTB: 1.8T Performance Parts

Originally posted by N'Syncro
    Hey. I'm looking at building up a 1.8T to make big power (350+ whp), so I need parts...

Larger turbo
    Exhaust Manifold
    FPR
    Fuel Rail
    Intake Manifold
    Throttle Body
    Injectors
    Wastegate
    FMIC or Air to Water IC
    Clutch or Flywheel (only if brand new)
    Any kind of software / engine management
    Anything else that i've forgot to mention.

I'm not looking for any exhaust peices or IC piping, as everything will be custom made.

Let me know what you've got and how much you want for it.

Thanks!
    Do you know what you are getting yourself into? I do not mean this in a sarcastic or offensive way. Just doesn't seem from your list that you know all of what is involved or what parts you want. Just jumping in willy-nilly and buying stuff will probably not work out great. If you want some help coming up with a plan or something let me know I can help, or talk to Dom or someone who has done it before and draw up a shopping list and a budget for yourself. If you have a real shopping list with a budget for each piece I can offer some really good suggestions and either save you money or save you from estimating too low...

Also your goals are 350+ whp... that is very ambitious. Dom has the fastest Jetta around and possibly one of the very fastest in all of Canada and doesn't lay down 350 whp even on race gas. You will need a fully built motor to reach this goal safely, new rods, pistons, etc. Do you have plans for this, or would you like some help drawing some up?
    Last edited by Kor; 08-09-2005, 02:17 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

We're not rookies. The actual mechanic who will be installing + tuning everything has been building turbo vw's since the late '80's. I know what we're getting into here.

I'm not about to post specific parts b/c I know it'll probably be slim pickins' in this forum.... If you have some performance parts, post them up. I'll decide if they're going to work or not. Right now, I don't have an exact plan on what we want. I don't know if we're going to go with a GT28RS or t3/t04e or gt30r or heck, even a T04. I need to see what is available and then we'll decide from there exactly what route we're going. I've also left out all the necessary fittings and lines, fuel pump, dp, LSD, Slicks, etc b/c we've got all that already covered.

If any of you want to recommend any routes or specific parts, be my guest. I'm always open to new / different suggestions.
      Chris

Comment

Ok, was just checking. I still think you're overly optimistic with the 350+ whp figure but more power to you if you do it! You won't make it on a GT28RS.

I don't think you'll find any used parts on here of the type you're looking for! If there was anything good I would already have bought it lol.
        Last edited by Kor; 08-09-2005, 04:57 PM.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

You gotta aim big.... The really great thing is what vehicle this is going in. It'll be very light. That's all I'm saying.
          Chris

Comment

Give us a call www.amimotorsports.com
            AMI Motorsports Inc.
            Your source for FK Suspensions, Caractere, Carbonio & more...
            http://www.AMIMotorsports.com
            Orders & info 1-877-225-5330
            Email: sales@amimotorsports.com

Comment

I see that we have big plans for a 1.8T here, well at first the stock 1.8T motor will not last to long with 350whp cause I seen it lots of times being done and going Boom, Send me a Im and I'll tell you where you can buy all the parts your after. I can tell you this right now, 350whp on pump gas will not happen sorry to say,The best we have done with a 1.8T stock motor t3t4 57trim .48a/r @ 24psi on a mix of MS109 did 378whp..
              EURODYNE
              01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
              04 R32T 6266
              Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

It's not going to be a daily driver, so the longevity of the engine isn't an issue. Also, I'm only interested in used parts, or private sale new parts. I've got great access to 3 seperate performance shops here in town. We're trying to find some cheaper parts though if possible.

And thanks for not believing. That'll make us try that much harder.
                Last edited by N'Syncro; 08-18-2005, 05:23 PM.
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X