Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Tires

Hey all,

I need a little advice on getting ready to look for winter tire set for my 2002 1.8T Jetta. Currently have the LB's on there.

I was thinking of going steeles because of the price.
    But If I came across some VW factory wheels at a low price I would consider that also.

I was thinking of 16" Steeles.. from Walmart.. but I"m not sure of the bolt size? is it 5x100 ?

Then for Tires not sure ,, something that not overlypriced but good performance for the price. What size tire would I need for 16" steeles.

Where should I purchase the tires?

Thanks....

Re: Winter Tires

Make sure you get steelies that clear your brakes.

When it comes to winter tire setups, you should not compromise, since what you are buying is both insurance against accidents and the safety of yourself, your family and your other passengers. How can you put a price on safety?

Steelies offer the best winter performance since narrower tires mean better traction on snow and ice.

As for tires, I would really recommend Blizzaks or Pilot Alpines.

If you plan to drive your car fast (even only on the dry days) make sure your winter tires are rated for that kind of speed! Often winter tires are not rated for high speed driving, and if you drive fast on them you risk a dangerous blow out.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Thanks for the advice KOR,

Would anyone happen to know if the 16" Steeles from Walmart clear my brakes?

Were's the best place to pick up some Winter Tires?

Thanks

Originally posted by Kor
      Make sure you get steelies that clear your brakes.

When it comes to winter tire setups, you should not compromise, since what you are buying is both insurance against accidents and the safety of yourself, your family and your other passengers. How can you put a price on safety?

Steelies offer the best winter performance since narrower tires mean better traction on snow and ice.

As for tires, I would really recommend Blizzaks or Pilot Alpines.

If you plan to drive your car fast (even only on the dry days) make sure your winter tires are rated for that kind of speed! Often winter tires are not rated for high speed driving, and if you drive fast on them you risk a dangerous blow out.

Comment

15" steelies will clear your brakes... i am selling my steelies and blizzaks, if you're interested...

about two years old, tread is nice and soft and like new still. some of the steelies are curbed, its not a big deal. they're blizzaks, ws-50's, best snow tires you can buy!

they're about $150 new, steelies the stealer wants $100 for each or something stupid like that.

anyway, if you want the whole package i can let it go for $500.
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by Reflex1.8T
          Thanks for the advice KOR,

Would anyone happen to know if the 16" Steeles from Walmart clear my brakes?

Were's the best place to pick up some Winter Tires?

Thanks
          16's will clear. For tires, you can try out My Tires (Anand will almost definitely beat or match any price out there).
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
          X