LF: MK4 1.8t Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: MK4 1.8t Alternator

Like the title says, I'm looking for an alternator in good shape for a MK4 1.8t.

Let me know if you have anything.
    Tint sucks

Re: LF: MK4 1.8t Alternator

I don't know if its sold yet but Sean has one. Its a big one though. Might be worth looking in to. Wolfsburg part out thread

Comment

I have 2 MKIV ones from tdi's. As far as I know they will fit any of the MKIV's. They are both 120amp ones and work great. Let me know if you're interested.
      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Hey DJ I'm pretty sure that the vr6 and 1.8t engines have different alternators but I don't know about the 1.9tdis.

On that note I do have a 200A alternator I'm looking to sell maybe, looking to get an even bigger one in the future sometime for my next setup. Its a rated for 200A at 1200rpm and 150A at idle. Extremely high quality upgraded alternator made by excessive amperage. Bench tests every single alternator they make. I used it for like 3 weeks only :(

Comment

My bad, looks like they are all the same for the mk4 platform, just mounts differently.

If you are planning on running a sound system or running air compressors or anything off your car a 200A would be a good idea

Comment

They have the same part number: BOS1735738 The VR6, 1.8t and Some of the TDI's have the same alternator.
            2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
            Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Working...
            X