gb: vw/audi navs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gb: vw/audi navs

ok, so i'm putting in an order for some navs very soon, whoever is interested let me know right away. i already have one member that ordered, and possibly another.

i can get anything, special nvd pricing applies

basically $850 for golf/jetta4 mfd navs, and for a limited time new golf/jetta5 either cd/dvd based for $1200. all navs are euro versions of course. other touareg and a3/a4/etc ones avail too.

who wants?
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Re: gb: vw/audi navs

Can you quote prices for various Audi NAV's? (Various RNS models?)

Thanks Bart

Comment

Do you have a mk4 version capable of playing DVD's?
      Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
      2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

i can get all rnse models, so if you want to fit it the dvd/memory stick one in your a4, i think you want the a6 rnse with a little face plate mod, i think that is what most people do instead of getting the original a4 nav.

i can do $1400 for one of those... include the gps antenna and an rnse adapter harness if you need it.

as for mk4's, none came with dvd, only cd. the units CAN play dvds, but you need an external dvd player, as the units have svideo in, so with an adapter its no problem.
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I was actually reading up on the oem nav on vortex, and if you posted this a week ago I woulda been all over it... Getting lost in LA sucks

But I just sunk about $1500 in the car this week so no more toys for a little while
          Derick

Comment

and btw here is the diy r-audi: http://home.comcast.net/~mtaylor68/rnseinstall.htm
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Hey Bart, to the colour navs play mp3? Is the $850 for the one like Ryan had, or the one in your car? I'm a newb in this area, and don't know how to find out what's available.

Jeff
              Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
              hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
              sigpic

Comment

I'll try and answer for Bart. The OEM Nav's DO NOT play cd's, so obviously no mp3's. Get a phatbox and you're set. Best mod I've done to my car by far....OEM Nav + Phatbox is awesome
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

Quoted from Bart's post above:

as for mk4's, none came with dvd, only cd. the units CAN play dvds, but you need an external dvd player, as the units have svideo in, so with an adapter its no problem.
                  Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, the nav system is CD BASED....but it DOES NOT play cd's. The navigational maps are on CD's instead of the newer DVD-based versions. You can however hook up the OEM cd changer to the navi if you want to listen to cd's....but like I said before, get a phatbox and you won't regret it
                    Kyle
                    2000 Audi S4

Comment

OK, that makes sense to me. I PM'd Bart on it already. How hard is it to get CDs for various cities? Is this going to be harder in the future to get cds if most NAVs use DVD now, or are the DVD compatible navs still using CD for loading of maps?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out what it can and can't do. Then I can decide if I should shell out for one!

Jeff
                      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                      sigpic

Comment

bump! few days left before i'm ordering...
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                        X