• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kijiji Find...2012 Volkswagen Golf R 4Motion

For those of you that got $50,000 sitting around Sure wish I did

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ373216228

Re: Kijiji Find...2012 Volkswagen Golf R 4Motion

I really don't understand the hoopla over the new R. Yes it's a beautiful/fast car BUT not for 50K. You can get into a Audi, Mercedes or BMW with way more features, better build and HP for the same price.......
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Wow since when did a cars value raise once you drove it off the lot.....
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

There is a waiting list right now as far as I know, but its not that much better than a chipped GTI - which is why I went with a GTI.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

LMAO. He is definitely attempting a return on his investment.....i don't care how rare it is, i think nobody should buy it and screw him over like he is trying to screw everybody else around. Maybe it's just the jerk in me though

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
            LMAO. He is definitely attempting a return on his investment.....i don't care how rare it is, i think nobody should buy it and screw him over like he is trying to screw everybody else around. Maybe it's just the jerk in me though
            I'm with you. It's like ticket scalping, but with a car...

Pat

His
            1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
            1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
            1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
            2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
            Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Would never buy that car for anywhere near that price, VW needs to pull there head out of there ass. Especialy since we only get the four door
              Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Well thats exactly it. I could probably import a 2 door Golf R from the states for cheaper than he's asking. I highly doubt this car will sell unless its to a person with more money than brains. For that kind of money you're looking at low mileage RS4's
                Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

The person kind of sounds like a douche in the kijiji ad.
                  Kim

Comment

Couple things I wanted to add:

1. You couldn't import a similar Golf R from the states - even if you found one you would not be able to import it with a Warranty. When I looked into it I would have had to have a US citizen, with ID, purchase the car for me with money from an account in their name, and then sell it to me, and even still warranty void in Canada.

2. Does anyone know what the out the door sticker price on this car is in Calgary? In my experience it is not uncommon for the written up price to be several thousand higher than the website price which is $46,500. Although I did well on my GTI out in Medicine Hat, a Calgary dealer refused to even come close to the website price that included pdi, freight fees and taxes (their final price was over by at over $2500).

Hey may be trying to make some $ but he also may have had a non-refundable deposit down, paid $50k and now needs to get out of his situation.
                    Last edited by Kor; 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Wow. That's one overpriced vehicle. If the interior build is anything like the GTI, they're out of their minds. 5.9 seconds to 60 isn't exactly considered fast anymore either.
                      Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                        Couple things I wanted to add:

1. You couldn't import a similar Golf R from the states - even if you found one you would not be able to import it with a Warranty. When I looked into it I would have had to have a US citizen, with ID, purchase the car for me with money from an account in their name, and then sell it to me, and even still warranty void in Canada.

2. Does anyone know what the out the door sticker price on this car is in Calgary? In my experience it is not uncommon for the written up price to be several thousand higher than the website price which is $46,500. Although I did well on my GTI out in Medicine Hat, a Calgary dealer refused to even come close to the website price that included pdi, freight fees and taxes (their final price was over by at over $2500).

Hey may be trying to make some $ but he also may have had a non-refundable deposit down, paid $50k and now needs to get out of his situation.
                        I HIGHLY doubt he would not be able to get his deposit back on a car that MANY people wanted to get their hands on. Also, what do you mean with the whole "I would have had to have a US citizen, with ID, purchase the car for me with money from an account in their name, and then sell it to me"??? Do you need to be a US Citizen to buy a car from a dealer?
                        Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

US dealers are not able to sell brand new cars to people who do not reside and can prove they do in the US. Most will register the vehicle as a demo or title it for a few days and then it can be sold as used which is then ok.

Obviously this guy is trying to capitalize on the rarity of the car but most likely he will either have to keep it or settle for close to MSRP.
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                            I really don't understand the hoopla over the new R. Yes it's a beautiful/fast car BUT not for 50K. You can get into a Audi, Mercedes or BMW with way more features, better build and HP for the same price.......
                            I agree. Shoulda had the 300hp 3.6L VR6 from the R36 Passat. They shoved one in a Jetta in 2010, rumours of a Jetta R followed

Last edited by btimbit; 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM.
                            '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                            '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                            '07 Ford F-150
                            '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Didnt know that Blair. ^^^that is sofa king hot
                              Patryk

04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment